as the world caves in.

mystery girl pov

i tinkered with powders bombs, leaning on the clock ekko was trying to fix. "hows it going ek" i say, less of a question since i know hes doing just fine on the clock, he always was the best fixer upper, powder came up with the name fixer upper for ekko but she doesnt need to know i was using her name " i almost have it, how about you? are the bombs still not working right" he gets out of the clock, it suprised me when he first showed me he could fit into that clock but it kinda makes sense now that i look at how tiny he is  " i found whats wrong," i sigh and rub the bridge of my nose where my sunglasses sit, slightly pushing them up. " theres nothing to explode other than glitter " i chuckle a little, powder was my person, but the fact she was making bombs without anything other than explosives blew my mind. but the more i think about it the more potential i see in this being a good distraction if we made it more aggresive when blowing up.

"a little off topic here but, um whats under the glasses and tape?" he chuckled nervously whilst stratching the back of his neck, i knew he would ask this question, i mean who woudnt i basically hid behind these stupid things just so i could hide my insucurities, how stupid is that? i scratched a little at the tape on the sides of my mouth that went from the corner of my mouth to just after my dimples.

i removed both sides in quick rips, "like what you see?" i smirked at the slightly scared face, that soon turned into a less scared more of a nervous look, that made me nervous. i knew he wanted me to take off my glasses because of the way he was looking right at them, he gulped and took a quick breath "glasses?"

i gave a light smile, which probably looked sinsister from his view "another day, get that clock done" he nodded and reasurred me he could wait, he looked at the materials and the tools we had laid out and tried to figure out what he wanted to do next.

before i could change the subject back to powders bombs, vi came bursting through the doors of the shop, startling both me and ekko. she looked over at us when she heard ekko yelp, she sounded worried when she told us to hide and not to come down till she say or we absolutly have too. she looked scared, that made me and ekko get up immediatly, if anyone knew vi they would know she never looked. when me and ekko got up we stuffed our tools away, after we finished putting everything away we both hurridly pushed our selves into our hiding spot, vi pacing and watching us hide. hiding while vi was watching was a very big advantage since she shook her head if it was a bad spot or if you were even slightly showing.

when we finished hiding vi gave me and ekko a thumbs up, saying that we werent noticible. our hiding spot were as good as they were going to get, ekko is hiding in the clock, in the section of clock where he can fit into it that  makes him invisible to everyone but everone is visible to him, he was smart to pick that place, i woudnt have known he was in there if i hadnt seen him get into the clock. i had snuck through a hole in the roof thats right next to the ceiling light, i was suprised i could fit into such a small hole but i did shift the light a few times before being able to fit into the hole. which gave me a uneasy feeling because it had made cracks in the roof, but i didnt have time to find a new spot.

i was watching vi pace around the room like something was going to bite her in the ass if she stopped, im pretty sure ekko was think the same thing. the second the bell in the doorway was heard and i tried my best to see who had walked in, when i did see i got confused, it was vander, silco, and some random enforcers. what are enforcers doing in the undercity and especaily at this time of the night? me and ekko worked on our projects at night so we could watch for thiefs and have more silence, not complete silence though.

i was mostly confused because a few days ago silco had mentioned he was going on a mission on the top side for the protection of the underground, and vander barely left the last drop, and he had chester on bartending when he caught an illness, so why are they here? i felt a rumble on my back along with a crack, i think it was the roof. some shops here had layered roofs for when one got destroyed they didnt have to go out of business or move out, i didnt have much time to concern myself with the saftey of the roofs once a felt the roof crush my back, every second more, it impaled me and crushed me. i felt a huge part of the roof cut into my stomach breaking my rib with a huge crack, i looked through the hole to see that the crack got the enforcers attention.

"whats that noise?" a short blonde enforcer asks vander, barely paying attention to vi and silco "the roofs, there over due for a renewal" vander responds with the same plain look he gives people if he doesnt want to talk or doesnt like you, " i live in a house, i think i know what a roof sounds like and i know for a fact that that wasnt the roof so you have five seconds to tell me what that was, truthfully" the blonde enforcers stares down vander while the other enforcers look around the room for what could have caused the noise, one enforcer almost caught ekko but vi sneezed, making the enforcer look at her instead.

i looked down at vi after the enforcer had almost caught ekko, she shared a concerned face that mixed with her angry face. i had blood spilling from almost every where on my lower half, i looked down at vi almost pleading her to get me out of this situation, everything was stinging and burning. i could barely feel my legs from under the insulation.

vi looked up when she heard something dripping from the roof, i coudnt quite see what it was but im almost fully sure it was my blood seeping through the cracks that were in the roof.

she stayed quiet but had a worried look on her face, if the enforcer caught glance at her face they would most likley think she knows whats happening, the blonde enforcer saw the blood dripping from the roof which caused the other enforcers along with vander and silco to turn there attention to the blood seeping from the roof, the blonde enforcer let out a small gasp when he saw the blood but brushed his startled face off quickly. i started losing the air in my lungs, i stuck my hand out of the hole all the while i slowly pass out.

i coudnt see out of my eyes, i only heard powders voice singing. "oh girl, its you that i lie with as the atom bomb locks in" it was the song she sung on my 11th birthday, she had stopped singing after that line though, it was silent.

then i had seen her again, right infront of my eyes, her beautiful blue hair brushing her forhead in the movements of the wind. she was humming a melody that matched the song she sung not to long ago, she fiddled with a bomb, the exact one i was holding earlier today. vi came and sat next to her, "as the world caves in" they both sang, like they had on my birthday, they looked directy at me after singing, i was still bleeding but i didnt let it take away from the sights of my family, my family.

" ill see you on the other side, destructa"

" n-no "