Chapter 1: Memories

Start from the beginning

     “Meg, you know I-”

     Meagan cut me off before I could finish. “Mace, I know you. You rarely daydream. And the only time your face goes onto hold and you stare into space is when there’s a guy on your mind. You’ve been like this for days!”

     I shrugged and let my wavy brown hair fall out from its bun, pieces of hair framed my almond shaped face. “Meg, nothing gets past you does it?”

     “Aha! So it is a boy then.” Meagan batted her lashes at me and leaned in closer, “Come on, tell me! Who’s the lucky guy?”

     “Meg, it’s not that..”

     “Hmm?”

     “I was actually thinking about him.” I averted my eyes to the ground, fiddling with the fur of my pillow.

     Meagan immediately lost her silly attitude and it was almost as if I could feel the whole atmosphere dropping. “Mace, come on, that was so long ago!”

     “Yea I know, I thought I was over it as well, but the other day I stubbed my toe on something hard under my bed and I found the box. And... I guess some sudden impulse made me open and dig through the stuff.”

     “I don’t even know why you kept it in the first place.”

     “It meant something to me,” the end of my sentence seemed to drift away.

     Meagan perked up and sat straighter, a determined look plastered on her face. “Exactly. It meant something to you. Notice the use of past tense 'meant'." When I didn't look up at her she continued, "Mace. Look at yourself! You’re hanging onto something that happened years ago. Let it go! You gotta live your life and see other boys.” She added a wink at the end.

     She had a point. I had to admit, both Meagan and I do have the looks and heart to fit it. Based on our features, it’s not hard at all to get dates. It’s just that after the incident I haven’t really been paying attention to any of the boys in my school.

     I returned my focus to Meagan and playfully poked her arm, “What about you, Miss Live-Your-Life-and-Check-Out-Boys?” Meagan giggled and I leaned in in anticipation.

     “In fact, you guessed right, Miss Morgan, I’m in an intense relationship with...” She had this goofy grin on her face, “Justin Bieber and One Direction!” She practically screamed the last part in my ear and we both fell off my bed laughing our pretty little heads off.

     Meagan and I moved on from the truth or dare game and entered the world of rumors and gossip. If theres a place on earth rated the most gossipy place, my house would be it. My house could practically be called a "Gossip Bank" because of all the things we discuss here.

     After 3 more hours of sisterly time with Meagan, she had to return home for dinner. I have to say, the weekends are always something to look forward to because of the extra time I could spend with Meagan gossiping and spilling our deepest, darkest secrets. Okay, maybe not the deepest, darkest part.

     Just as Meagan was about to leave the house, she turned to face me like she just remembered something.

     “Hey Mace, before I forget, theres a new boy coming to school tomorrow.”

     I raised my eyebrow as if saying, So?

     “So... We have to get our beauty rest just in case this ‘new kid’ is H-O-T HOT.” Meagan gave me her best flirty wink and I giggled. Typical Meagan, boys 24/7.

     Once Meagan left, I sauntered back to my room and saw the mess it was in. Nail polish bottles scattered here and there, magazines flipped open and heart stickers stuck on the pages with our celebrity crushes. As I bent down to tidy up the mess, my eyes landed on the box. Memories assailed my mind but I forcefully shook them out. Meagan’s trying so hard to get me to forget about the incident and meet new guys, I really shouldn’t waste her effort of helping me.

     I can’t think of this right now. Meagan said there's a new guy in school tomorrow, I should at least keep a clear head and try to like this guy.

     I just need to stuff this box under my bed again and forget about it. Its not like the incident will repeat itself.

     Or so I thought.

~~**~~**~~**~~**~~

A/N:

So that's it guys! End of the very first chapter of my very first story :')

P.S Macy on the side :D >>

Please, please, please don't be fooled by thinking this is your typical cliché type of teenage romance story because it is not! I can guarantee you that :) I promise that the climax/problem in this story is different so make sure to stick to this story can don't give up on it!

oh yeah, please VOTE, VOTE, VOTEEEEE!!!! It would make me over the top happy ~ :D

Thanks so much!

Hazel,

xoxo.