Forgiveness

I'd spent weeks in the infirmary with tired eyes and still too many injuries to count. Gally hadn't visited, not that I was saddened by that — he betrayed me, not just me but all of us. And there was no way in hell I was believing him without proof of his innocence. Joey dashed in out of the room every now and again, but refused to tell me the news of the outside world, his lips sealed.

The only interesting thing I had learned was that, Newt and Thomas finally talked their problems out, kissing each other in front of the rest of the group. The blonde had rushed straight my room after the event, telling me about it all, a wide happy smile never leaving his lips. I couldn't be happier for him, he was finally getting the happy ending he deserved — wish I could say the same for myself.

"Y/N, you're being stupid." Newt rolled his eyes, placing himself down in the small seat beside my bed, "He didn't bloody do it. The boy has been in pieces, shouting at us whenever we even look in his direction."

"I saw the footage, Newt." I spat, using the improved amount of strength in my arms to push myself up, "It was him."

"You haven't seen it yet?" His eyebrows become furrowed, "Hasn't he showed you?"

I tilted my head, raised eyebrows, "What are you talking about, Goldie?"

"There's another tape of Ava. It's the exact same to the one you're having a paddy about, the only difference is that it's not Gally speaking to her — it's just a random soldier." He explains slowly.

My mouth fell open and I shook my head, "Why haven't I see this tape?"

He shrugged, leaning back in his chair, "I have no clue. Gally showed it to us a few days ago, we all thought he would show it to you."

"He hasn't." I state, "I haven't seen him in weeks."

"Weeks?" He gasps, "Bloody hell. No wonder he's so grumpy. I thought he visited you daily."

I shook my head, "Did he tell you that?"

"No, but none of us seem him for days on end, so we just presume he's with you."

"Well, where else could he be?"

"In his room, the shooting range, uh, I don't know." He mumbled, shrugging again, "Now that I think about it, when we first arrived he was thrilled to see the shooting range. Pretty sure shooting from guns calms him, or something like that."

I nodded, slowly taking in the information he just threw at me, "Could you bring him here please?"

Newt smiled brightly, raising from his chair and limping to the door, turning at the last second, "Might take me a bit. I'm not exactly the quickest person ever."

I laughed, waving him off, "It's fine, Goldie. As long as he gets here, I'll be good."

I sat there for ages, my hands connected gently in my lap and the covers of the infirmary beds wrapped tightly around my body as I stared glumly at the door, waiting for Gally to appear.

"What do you want?" He snarled, leaning casually against the door frame, "I was busy."

I glared up at him angrily, my mouth slightly open from the shock of his harsh words, "Alright, big guy, calm the fuck down, first off." I pointed lazily to the seat Newt had occupied minutes before, "Second, sit. Now."

His eyes followed his feet as he trudged over, placing himself roughly done in the seat, his legs spread and his hand resting below his chin, "I'm sat. What'd you want?"

I rolled my jaw, "If you're gonna fucking talk to me like that, then I want nothing and you can leave."

He swallowed thickly, repositioning himself in the seat, shaking his head gently, "No, sorry. Continue."

"Newt just told me about a tape." I glance down at him, head tilted.

"We've been over this," His fingers pinched the bridge of his nose, "That wasn't me."

"Not that tape, Gall." I sighed, rolling my eyes, "A different one, proving that you weren't the one speaking with Ava. Apparently, you have it. I wanna see it."

"Thought you didn't believe me?" He raises me eyebrow, eyeing her up.

"I'm gonna smack you in a minute if you don't show the fucking tape." She snapped, motioning towards the tiny TV at the end of her bed.

"Alright, princess. Calm down." He chuckled, digging his hand into one of his many cargo pockets, "It's here."

I watched as he places it into the DVD player, a smirk playing across my lips, "You just carry that around everyday?"

"Prevents people from stealing it." He shrugged, sitting back down and gripping the remote from the side of my bed, saying nothing else as he presses 'play'.

Newt was right. The video is an exact replica of the one Ava had showed me, the only difference being the face of the man — it's nothing like Gally's, clearly older and much uglier, his eyes too close together. My breath shook as I realise how wrong I was.

"I'm so fucking sorry, Gally." I sighed, peering over at him, a saddened expression painted on his face, "I should've listened, I shouldn't have listened to Ava. Sorry."

He nodded, smiling happily, "I would kiss you so hard right now if you weren't in a hospital bed."

"Probably not the best idea." I chuckled, "I love you, Gall."

He stood up for a moment, pressing a single peck to my forehead, "I love you too."

_________________________

AYO I FINALLY FUCKIN UPDATED 😱
ITS BEEN FOUR BLOODY MONTHS
IM SORRY
I LOVE YALL <3333333

(not proof read in the slightest)