Part Thirteen: Priorities

Dami's POV

- 3 weeks later 3:15pm

I see Jos walking down the school corridor. I look away acting like I didn't see her.

Ever since that situation at Tyrell's party, I realised people were right for calling her bad vibes.

I do lowkey feel bad because basically no one at school rates her except a couple of irrelevant girls in our year.

None of my boys like her and I can see why.

I see Tyrell leaving his English class and approaches me.

Yoo bro wytm (what you telling me) he says putting me into a headlock.

Not much man I'm just chilling. I reply.

I see the way you look at that yat Joselin, just forget about her she's tapped bro. Tyrell says.

I look back to see if she's still around but she's long gone.

I wonder where she's off to.

3:25pm

Me and Tyrell are at the bus stop waiting for the bus to go home.

I don't normally get the same bus as Tyrell but I need to go town centre quick to get some stuff for the house.

My mum sent me a long list off food to buy and I'm her oldest son so I've got her.

I feel bad sometimes, I know she's been struggling since the divorce 2 years ago.

My deadbeat dad barely helps out with my two younger siblings.

*end of Dami's POV

Joselin's POV

3:45pm

I'm chilling in the town centre with my new friends: Vanessa, Sarah and Chantelle.

Destiny doesn't go to the same school as them so I don't see her as much.

We're on our way to McDonalds just to chill.

These girls are soo calm, I wish I went to their school instead.

They go to an all girls school which is kinda local to mine and they seem to know soo many people outside of school.

Sarah has a man in the year above (year 11) so we always chill with him and his boys after school.

They come up to us as we enter and give as all hugs.

Yoo you man good? One of the boys ask.

Yeah we're calm Vanessa says as Sarah goes to stand with her man Samuel aka Breadz.

(Ik these boys and their names forever have me in stiches)

4:45pm

We chill for nearly an hour before deciding to leave McDonalds.

We left Sarah cuddling with Breadz who seem soo boo'd up. Must be nice.

We're gonna go savers, do you wanna come? Vanessa turns round to ask me.

Na I'm good thanks I'm gonna go back home.

I hear Chantelle yelling behind me WOAHH WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING.

Me and Vanessa turn back around and see eggs and milk splattered everywhere. Chai.

FAM ARE YOU DUMB GETTING EGGS AND MILK ALL OVER ME.

DO I LOOK LIKE A GREGGS SAUSAGE ROLL. Chantelle continues to scream while trying to wipe off her clothes.

Aye I'm sorry innit but you walked into me. The voice replied.

I look up and see Dami. LOOOOL.

I run over to Chantelle and ask if she's okay, kissing my teeth as I look at Dami.

I know this guys been moving mad at school so there's no way I'm gonna be nice to him now.

Even if Chantelle is the one that actually bumped into him.

*end of Joselin's POV

Dami's POV

I didn't expect to see Joselin in the town centre.

I didn't even know she has friends outside of school.

What's she doing chilling with them girls? I ask myself.

I see Joselin run towards McDonalds.

She probably went to get tissues to clean up her friend.

Luckily they left it so I'm on my way back home.

For fuck sake what am I gonna do now?

My mum gave me just enough money to buy this stuff and now it's on the floor.

I know she doesn't have much money too.

She's been unemployed and used to rely on my dad for money before the divorce.

I'm now the man of the house and have two younger siblings, Bolu and Blessing.

Bolu is only 5 years old and Blessing is 7.

They're not too young but they're definitely a lot to handle.

For real tho what are we gonna do now?

We don't have anything to make food.

I know my boys have money but I would never ask them for anything. That's weird.

Yoo bro you good? My older from the blocks asks me, I know he can tell I look uneased.

Yeah bro everything's good. I respond.

This guy runs the block but I'm not into all of that.

I just wanna get my education and make it out of the hood.

Yeahh bro I'm calm, I just got back from school and that. Had to get some groceries for mummzy. I say to him acting like everything's cool.

Yeahh I hear dat, but let me know if you need anything I could hit you up with a likkle job. He replies.

Yeah of course thanks bro. I reply starting to walking away but I hear him start talking again.

Aii wait what happened there that bag is looking like a mess? He asks, pointing at the bag.

The residue of eggs and milk from earlier dripping from the bag.

Oh don't watch that, some girl bumped into me in tc (town centre) and the bag dropped. I reply with a fake laugh.

Oh rahh these beanies never wanna watch where they're going. Shout me if you need anything yeah. He says patting my back.

Yeah cool of course man. I reply.

I wish I had the courage to ask him but naa.

I don't wanna get involved with people like that. I think to myself contemplating what to do.

Do I really want to enter the house with broken eggs and half a bottle of milk?

*end of Dami's POV

-Don't Forget to vote, comment, share.