Part Three: First Day Drama

Valerie's POV

Joselin's been my best friend since she joined the school in year 9.

Gosh! I love that girl soo much, I could trust her with my life. She's soo beautiful too.

Her mum's St Lucian and omg her food is lengg.

Her dad I don't even know, they don't talk about him much but I know her mum has a new man.

He seems nice.

Joselin's POV

I feel bad for lying to Valerie and Joseph but I don't owe anyone an explanation of my life; I prefer to get through things alone.

We walk up to the top deck of the bus and try to find a seat.

We're defo not sitting at the back of the bus, the year 11s act like they own it and I cba for them. I whisper to Valerie as we walk up the stairs.

We'll sit wherever Joseph does. She responds while trailing behind him.

We sit down two rows ahead of the back seat, leaving space for the year 11's to claim their throne.

Please I don't want trouble today. The boys are calm but the girls...

Their attuites stink. All they do is screw up their face at the girls in my year.

I know they're just jealous because their boys give them no attention.

Valerie's POV

We sit down and as always, I can feel the death stares of the musty year 11 girls.

Jealousy jealousy.

I hear whispering and laughing from behind. Ugh!

What now? I think to myself before turning round.

Valerie you know you're looking leng still. I hear a voice say while laughing.

I just kiss my teeth and turn my head back towards the front of the bus.

She's not even all that. Who does she think she is? I hear one of these dutty stinky girls at the back say. I swear I will throw hands today. I'm tired of their bullshit.

What did you say? I shout while turning around

I said you're not all that. Why you moving like you're prestige? The girl responds while her girls laugh in the background.

Listen yh, you better stfu before I make you. I respond while standing up while the bus is moving.

Joselin's POV

8:30am

Me and Joseph look at each other then back at Valerie who's too heated to even see our reaction.

Lawdd have mercy. It's too early for this.

We're gonna be late and get in trouble and it's only the first day.

I know it's partly my fault that we're late but now I gotta back beef against year 11's.

There's like five of them and two of us plus Joseph who can't really get involved.

Why did she have to let them get to her?

I know these girls are jealous of her. She's soo beautiful.

Valerie is lighter skinned than me and is half Jamaican, half Spanish.

She has the perfect hourglass figure that's to die for.

I know all these man want her and I'm just that side piece friend that gets moved to from time to time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not jealous.

It's just annoying sometimes and now I gotta back beef over nonsense.

I wanted to tell her to leave it but even I'm tired of the year 11's and their bull.

Joseph held Valerie back as she kicked her legs and swung her arms at the girl as the mandem in the back hysterically laugh at the situation.

They must be gassed that these girls are physically fighting over them...

Well a situation about them.

I try stand in the middle; blocking the fists of this bad tempered year 11 girl but all I had on mind was the thought of my mum in tears this morning. The upsetting imagery kept replaying in my head.

I don't even know what happened this time. I hope she's safe. I think to myself.

Where are we gonna live now?

All these thoughts rushing through my head.

Next thing I know everything goes black and I feel my head violently smack the floor and a hurdle of voices running in the opposite direction to me gasping.

Valerie's POV

9am

Omgg Joselin are you okay! I ask, worried about the repercussions of that blow to the head.

What was she thinking?

I know she's my best friend but why was she just standing there when she saw that fist coming at her?

Joselin seems to be soo out of it today. I think to myself, anxiously pondering at her blank expression as she laid still on the school nurses chair.

The school nurse had gone to contact her parents but it wasn't going through.

Miss should I try call her mum for you? I've got her number on my phone. I ask.

No hun, get back to class. Thanks for bringing her to the office but you're in enough trouble already.

Fighting older girls on the bus first thing in the morning. What's wrong with these girls? The nurse muttered to herself.

But- She wasn't involved. She was just backing it.

Backing what? If you don't leave my office right now. All this back talk is probably what got you and your friend into this trouble.

The nurse replies kissing her teeth.

This woman and her Jamaican attitude, she reminds me of my mum.

I think to myself, laughing and walking down the corridor to find my class.

-Don't Forget to vote, comment, share.