Part Seven: Paranoia

Valerie's POV

7pm

Oh shit! I think to myself. I forgot to check up on Joselin.

I send her a text but she doesn't seem to respond. I hope she's not mad at me but it's not that deep.

Me, Sandra and Nicole are chilling at my yard blasting music out loud on my room.

I wouldn't say that I'm rich but my parents are quite affluent and I have a big-ish family.

I have two older sisters a younger sister and a younger brother.

I'm the middle child so I can get away with whatever I want.

Soo what was you saying about Tyrell's party? I ask the girls.

Oh Yhh lemme show you the invite. Sandra replies pulling up her phone.

Tyrell's Suave Bday Bash

When: September 12th

Where: Addy revealed closer to the date (SE18)

Girls come ready to buss a whine.

Mandem make sure you know how to secure or stay home.

Leave you're beef at yard! Gonna be the party of the year.

I read the invite laughing at the extra info. Why is everyone in my year like this lool.

I buss up laughing and tell the girls I'll come.

Lemme text Joselin too and ask if she wants to roll. I said

Na don't ask her she'll kill the vibes. Nicole says and Sandra nods her head agreeing.

Naa guys don't be like that, she's calm. You just gotta give her a chance. I say.

Ok cool whatever bring her if you want but tell her to leave her bad vibes at home. Sandra says.

I don't know what these lots beef is but they need to sort it out I think to myself.

I double text Joselin, to ask if she wants to come.

I know she's not much a party person but Tyrell is bait so I know this party is gonna bang and it's the first party of the year.

Joselin's POV

I try not took look at my phone but it keeps flashing.

I pick it up and turn it over.

*5 unread messages

Two were from Valerie. Look who finally decides to text me, I think to myself.

Another was from DAMI?? What could he possibly want.

And the final two were from my family on my mums side who must be trying to get a hold of her.

Yes I know my phone is dry asf but it's hard to maintain friendships when I'm constantly moving schools.

I first go to open the unread messages from Val and see she sent the invite from Tyrell's party.

I have a bad feeling about this icl (I can't lie).

I know Valerie wouldn't set me up but I don't trust them two snakes that she calls friends.

Anyways lemme see what Dami has to say.

@damzmilli (Dami) Yoo b, hope you got to your cousins yard safe

At least someone cares lool. I think to myself as I text back.

@joselinbabex (me) Yhh. I did thanks. You alright?

Dami's POV

Tbh idek why I sent her a DM her but I love her vibes.

I can tell she has a good heart. She's just misunderstood.

Not that I understand either but I can see the pain behind her fake smile.

How can I get her to know mans here for her?

@damzmilli (me) I'm calm b, you just seemed a bit stressed today. Don't mind my boys btw, they love to joke around.

@joselinbabex (Joselin) Yhh I know. I just have a lot going on rn and cba for childish shit.

I knew it! I think to myself. This is my chance to show her I care but I don't know how to.

@damzmilli (me) Yeah I hear dat. I can tell you haven't been feeling yourself today, I'm always here if you wanna talk yk.

@joselinbabex (Joselin) Love love

I just know she thinks I'm chatting shit but I really do like her man.

I wish she knew how much I really do.

There's just something about her that I love.

This girl is defo tryna dead the convo tho lemme try drag it out.

@damzmilli (me) You know Tyrell is having a party. You should come.

@joselinbabex (Joselin) Yeah I heard, I got the invite from Valerie. I don't think I'm wanted there tho.

@damzmilli (me) You are. I want you to be there.

Famm I'm really simping over this girl.

@joselinbabex (Joselin) Hmm I'll think about it.

@damzmilli (me) Calm, you better come for man.

*seen

Joselin's POV

I turn off my phone and look at the ceiling.

I have a bad feeling about going but Dami will be there and Valerie wants me to come; I think.

Joseph will probably be there too and he's my guy, he's too funny.

It probably will be the biggest party of the year too.

I might as well go. I think to myself.

Contemplating what to do.

Ugh I'm gonna have to borrow a shirt to wear to school tomorrow because there's no way I could wear the same shirt twice.

10:30pm

I get ready for bed and go to sleep in Florence's room. Luckily she has a bunk bed so I sleep on the top bunk.

-Don't Forget to vote, comment, share.