11

The hunt for the storybook commences. It's what helped them break the first curse, so it should hopefully help break this one.

They search in the place it was originally found. Mary Margaret's apartment. In her closet. But they come up empty handed. A feeling of loss spreads throughout them, but they don't give up. They can't give up. A baby is on the line. All of their lives are on the line.

Regina wants to take a different route. One that involves fireballs being hurdled at Zelena's head, much to the heroes dismay. Nobody wants to see Regina go back down a path she's worked so hard to come back from.

Scarlett's moment of sobriety was short lasted. Extremely short lasted, for the next day she had a bottle in her hand once more.

Her mother went out to deal with the Wicked Witch, while Scarlett stayed home.

Killian was taking Hook out for a walk. The two name-sakes have started to bond. When the two return home, they find Scarlett dancing in the kitchen.

Music blares from the speakers. The Guess Who.

Killian just simply watches. Her actions slightly amuse her. She begins to sing, and it's one of Killian's favorite sounds, so he doesn't stop her.

" American woman, I'm gonna mess your mind

American woman, you gonna mess your mind

American woman, I'm gonna mess your mind

Say A, say M, say E

Say R, say I, C

Say A, N

American woman, I'm gonna mess your mind

American woman, you gonna mess your mind

American woman, I'm gonna mess your mind

American woman, stay away from me

American woman, mama let me be

Don't come a hangin' around my door

I don't want to see your face no more

I got more important things to do

Than spend my time growin' old with you

Now woman, I said stay away

American woman, listen what I say

American woman, get away from me

American woman, mama let me be

Don't come a knockin' around my door

Don't want to see your shadow no more

Colored lights can hypnotize

Sparkle someone else's eyes

Now woman, I said get away

American woman, listen what I say-ay-ay-ay

American woman, said get away

American woman, listen what I say

Don't come a hangin' around my door

Don't want to see your face no more

I don't need your war machines

I don't need your ghetto scenes

Colored lights can hypnotize

Sparkle someone else's eyes

Now woman, get away from me

American woman, mama let me be

Go, gotta get away, gotta get away now go, go, go

I'm gonna leave you woman

Gonna leave you woman

Bye-bye bye-bye, bye-bye, bye-bye

You're no good for me

I'm no good for you

Gonna look you right in the eye

Tell you what I'm gonna do

You know I'm gonna leave

You know I'm gonna go

You know I'm gonna leave

You know I'm gonna go-o, woman

I'm gonna leave you woman

Goodbye American woman."

Her voice has always been angelic. Killian always loved when she would sing for him. But this time, it was different. In her drunken voice, he hears pain. He hears sorrow. Her voice is always deeper when she's in pain, for she's singing from her heart.

As Scarlett goes into the cabinet to grab another bottle of whiskey, Killian steps in. He goes over to the speaker and pounds it with his chest until it turns off. He's still not completely adapted to the technology of this world. Scarlett turns on her heel once the music no longer fills her ears.

" Hey!" She whines, " I was jamming."

" Yes, well, your jamming is coming to an end," Killian says as he takes the bottle from her hands, " How much have you had."

Scarlett shoves him off and goes to the bottle again. Killian goes to take the bottle from her once more, but this time, she snaps. Her powers let loose and create an energy blast that throws the pirate out of the kitchen and into the adjourning room.

Scarlett's eyes widen. In fear, in pain, in regret. 

She looks down at her hands, and sees a faint hint of blackness crawling through her veins. She looks over at the pirate who's groaning in pain. Her eyes become riddled with tears as she realizes what she's done. She caused it. She hurt him.

The bottle falls from her hands and the glass falls to the floor and breaks. Scarlett drops down to the floor and cries out. Hook is quick to run over to her and lick her face.

Killian struggles to stand up, but finds the strength to walk over to the drunken girl. His foot steps boom across the wooden floor and Scarlett slowly scoots away from him.

She can't hurt him again. She just can't.

Killian wants to comfort the girl, but she looks up at him with pleading eyes.

" Please... please don't... I-I don't want to hurt you."