SAKAMOTO MASHIRO

MASHIRO + RUIYI
" the chef and her assistant "

ship time — 2021–ship name — MaRupopularity — 70%type of relationship — friends, introverted line, chef linetheir song — stay by the kid laroi & justin biebermashiro & rui — mashiro and ruiyi were seen to be close during auditions as ruiyi's cell ...

ship time — 2021–
ship name — MaRu
popularity — 70%
type of relationship — friends, introverted line, chef line
their song — stay by the kid laroi & justin bieber
mashiro & rui — mashiro and ruiyi were seen to be close during auditions as ruiyi's cell was next to mashiro's. the duo were seen to have mutiple conversations during the auditions and even cheered each other on when it was their time to go on stage. ruiyi helped mashiro as a co-leader of sorts during u+me, especially when they were getting additional members due to most of them being eliminated. during mashiro's name being called, ruiyi was the second person to hug her, the first being hikaru.
maru things —
• holding hands
• ruiyi helping mashiro cook
• mashiro teaching ruiyi japanese and ruiyi teaching mashiro mandarin
• sending e/o cat videos
• watching/finding new animes/dramas
• playfully pushing e/o
• teasing e/o whenever the opportunity rises
• ruiyi combing/fixing mashiro's bangs
• "Ro + Ru cross!" unit

most iconic moment — when ruiyi was deciding between snake team and u+me team, she thought about what team she would fit better in, knowing most c trainees probably picked snake. she opened the door and was greeted by an excited mashiro and xinyu. fans commented on how when mashiro goes to hug ruiyi, the older fits perfectly in ruiyi's long arms, they even trended on twitter after the episode aired. earning the title "cutest height difference".