Toxicity filled the atmosphere. What they were saying made sense. In hostage situations, it was usually a standstill because the government didn't want to risk any lives. Elysium would do and say everything it could to keep the government out.

Even if Frank, Hazel, and the others get back, they wouldn't know that we haven't been kidnapped again.

Everyone sighed as the journey began.

Maybe, the government will send reinforcements anyway. Maybe, our friends who potentially escaped will convince the officials to send help. We just had to stay hidden and keep moving till we are saved. If we aren't saved, then we have to make it on our own.

The sun was already setting, and it was getting dark outside. We decided to stop after a mile more of walking in the dark. We couldn't start a fire because that would be a clear smoke signal for Elysium.

We'd be waving our hands saying, 'hey, come and get us. We're stupid enough to invite our kidnappers for a barbecue.'

Yeah, that's not happening.

I finally leaned back against a tree and removed my backpack. Reyna also had a bag with her, and we prepped a few things, including an extra weapon and some food.

I brought out the loaf of bread and peanut butter. Reyna understood the message and pulled out the food that was in her bag.

"Thalia, I have some food. Here," I said as I tossed some bread and the peanut butter. The food landed next to her, and she gratefully started spreading her bread with her fingers.

"Thanks, Percy," she said genuinely.

My gaze lingered on Thalia. She seemed uncomfortable and pained. Her hands kept rubbing her stomach, and she was greatly slowing us down. No one blamed her though because this was hard enough without being 8 months pregnant.

Annabeth sat down next to me, and her head leaned against my shoulder.

"Don't sleep yet, Wise Girl. You gotta eat a little," I whispered.

I turned and kissed her forehead. Her hand moved towards mine where her fingers simply played around with mine. It was nice and comforting.

I realized that we were both so broken down, yet there was life between us. We were getting out of a tough situation together. We'd always work together.

Finally, the bread and peanut butter made it to me and Annabeth. About half of the loaf was gonna already. Reyna's and my food combined would provide us with one more meal. However, we only had about 8 miles to go. We could walk that within a couple of hours assuming that we didn't get caught.

Annabeth made the sandwiches for us, and we ate them happily.

The entire night was rough. I knew that I was bothering Annabeth as well, but she didn't complain or anything.

Every time that I woke up from a nightmare, she'd be there with her comforting words. Every time that sweat coated my forehead and I couldn't catch my breath, she'd be there with her soothing voice.

I finally managed to get some sleep before Jason woke me up to stand guard. Everyone took turns keeping watch in case Elysium was patrolling the woods.

After the sun came up, everyone awoke.

"Guys, I'm so freaking tired. My feet are killing me," Leo whined. However, he was smiling, which emphasized that he was trying to lighten the mood.

"Leo, we still got about 7 miles to go. Also, you were snoring all night, so please stop complaining," Piper exclaimed.

"Sorry, but you can't kick my personality."