XVII

Georgina

"George," Clarkson whispers as he follows me to the staircase leading to the cliff.

"What?" I whisper back.

"Where are you going!?" Clarkson asks.

"To my Mom," I reply. My hands hold the stringer while I take my every step in tiptoes.

"What are you saying?" Clarkson asks in confusion. "You're going to the Alpha's place. We're breaking the rules," he says as he continues our whispered conversation.

"No!" I exclaim but still whisper. "I'm visiting the mystic forest of witches. Why are you following me?" I whisper while continuously taking steps. "Go home if you don't want to break the rules."

"Well after hearing where you're going, I should follow you," he says. His voice becomes more audible. "You don't know where that place is."

"This is the quickest route to get to the witches, right?" I ask in a soft voice.

"Yeah," he replies. "And the quickest way for us to get scolded and probably punished."

"I have my excuse," I say as I carefully step on the stairs. "Hah," I breathed out as I made it to the top. I peek my eyes to check if werewolves are roaming around.

"What?" Clarkson asks. "What can you see up there?"

"No one," I say while scanning the surroundings. "I guess everyone's asleep."

I step on the cliff as I wrap myself in my black long coat. Trying to avoid any noise, I slowly take my steps as carefully as possible.

"Georgina has transformed," I hear mumble while walking past every house.

"Everyone knows that. Why do you have to tell us about it?"

"You see. They brought the real one. Aren't you afraid to be replaced?"

"I'm not," I hear Dranula's voice. "Why would I? She's just a half-blood cub anyway."

What?

I startle when a hand holds mine. "Oh my–"

"Let's go, quickly," Clarkson whispers. "I don't want us to get caught."

"They're talking about me," I whisper to him.

"Yes, I heard them," he says while nodding. "And they might hear us too," He places his hands on my ears. "Don't mind them, okay? We have to pass this village without getting caught."