10. WE MET BY CHANCE AND BECAME FRIENDS BY CHOICE.

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

As she continues to speak, her words carry a warmth that resonates deeply within me. The fact that she finds my presence enjoyable and is genuinely interested in listening to me talk is a feeling I rarely experience. It's a refreshing change from the usual dynamic I have with others, where my silence is often mistaken for disinterest or aloofness. Her words fill me with warmth and acceptance, like she has peeled away the layers of my guarded exterior and seen me for who I truly am. It's a rare gift to be able to express myself without reservation, to share my thoughts and ideas with someone who appreciates them.

"Thank you, I hadn't realized how much my presence impacts you and I'm glad I can be of help to you whenever you need it. I barely talk though and I know you've noticed it already. I'm more of an observer." I state to her.

"Well I guess I'm trying to get you to talk more."

"Should I take your first statements as a complement?"

"Yes, you can." She winks at me and I laugh softly not able to believe she just did that. Mia is different too when you get to know her better. She's a kind hearted and humble person.

Fetching a glass I pour water for her to drink as she washes the plate she ate in herself not wanting me to do it.

"People always ask me one question, 'how do you do it?'." Mia mutters lowly taking a sip of water, the cool liquid momentarily soothing her patched throat. "They claim I have everything figured out in my life and that I'm always happy. How do I do it?" Her eyes wonder down to her hands where delicate tiny tattoos are inked on her long slender fingers as we go silent again. "That's what I always do whenever I'm asked that question." Tilting her head up she glances at me. "I stare at the tattoos on my fingers as I try coming up with an answer. Most of the time I never have the answer to that question. You know, just because I don't show it doesn't mean I don't go through hard times too." She whispers to herself, my eyes not leaving her sight. "Everybody always say and think that I have my life figured out and everything goes well for me. They don't know that sometimes I struggle and break down too. I'm also human who gets lost in sadness at times."

It's funny how people think your life is easy just because you don't talk about the things you go through.

The tiny beautiful tattoos on her slender fingers catch my attention. Each delicate stroke of ink tells its own story, etched upon her skin like a gallery of intimate expressions. I'm drawn to them and curious to understand the meaning behind these works of art. As I hold her hand, a surge of warmth engulfs me, accompanied by the softness of her touch. My thumb grazes over the love tattoo inscribed on her middle finger, tracing its graceful curves. It's a secret message and a hidden declaration that invites exploration. I'm eager to know the significance behind these tattoos, to unravel the mystery they hold. I want to gain insight into the depths of her soul. "Why did you choose these tattoos?"

"Why do I have tattoos on me. Must I have a reason for getting a tattoo?" Mia asks and it's like she's asking herself and not me. Slowly I trail my thumb along the delicate lines of the diamond tattoo on her ring finger. The design holds a certain elegance, a symbol of strength and endurance. It's a choice she has made and a mark she has willingly embraced. "I guess I fell in love with the designs of some of them. They make me feel like I'm my own person, you know. They also remind me of where I've been and where I'm heading to." She whispers as if she's talking to herself again. Slowly she looks up meeting my eyes with her beautiful ones.

Mia's tattoos are a reflection of her own individuality and a way for her to express her unique identity to the world. Each stroke and ink motif represent a piece of her character and a visual manifestation of her beliefs, passions and experiences. Her tattoos also weave together the moments and memories that have shaped her life. They're markers of her journey, a visual map of the paths she has traversed and the lessons she has learnt. Each tattoo carries a story, a chapter in the book of her life. As I listen to her every word, I get to understand that her tattoos are a way for her to carry those stories with her, a tangible reminder of the person she has become and the person she aspires to be.