Chapter- 50

Third Person's POV

Evan stood there, tapping his foot impatiently. More than impatience it was the anxious thoughts and little flashbacks that had put his mind at unease. This was the second time he had found himself standing at the altar waiting for Braelyn. He could hear the all too familiar sound of the guests murmuring. Ryan was once again standing behind him as his best man.

He mentally shook away all those lingering thoughts. This time won't be the same, he decided. The little talk with Brae had given him the confidence that things were going to be right this time. Before he could ponder a little more over these, the song was heard. The whole church quieted down, anticipating the moment when the bride would step in.

Brielle, Cora and the other bridesmaids walked down the aisle before it was finally Brae's turn. She was holding onto William's arm in a solid grasp who looked down at her with a kind smile. As she started walking all eyes were on her. Brae was the one who had chosen 'A Thousand Years' by Christina Perri to be played at her wedding . A faint smile graced Brae's lips on thinking how the song was appropriate to express her feelings.

From the moment Brae had stepped in, all traces of anxiety seemed to have left Evan's mind. His eyes were struck on her, memorizing every elegant step she took till she reached the end of the aisle. He was awestruck by how beautiful she looked in the delicately laced flare dress. The fact that he had already seen her in it didn't spoil it for either of them. Speaking of that, he had made sure that very few people knew about their secret meet up. He wasn't sure if he would get hit by his mother had the information reached her ears.

In the last weeks of preparation for the wedding, things between Evan and Victoria had gone almost back to normal. Though Braelyn and her relationship had improved drastically, it wasn't what it used to be all those years back. Victoria's guilt had been still hindering the ease of their relationship.

Brae put her hands in Evan's as they stood facing each other.

"Dear beloved, together we gather here in the sight of God to join this man, and this woman in holy matrimony." Everything sounded so familiar yet it was totally different. Unlike last time, Brae wasn't scared to look up at Evan, her heart wasn't thumping in anticipation of what was to happen, she didn't feel the invisible weight pressing down on her heart.

The way Evan gazed at her was melting her insides. She passed him a wide smile of her own.

"Should anyone present know of any reason that this couple should not be joined in holy matrimony, speak now or forever hold your peace forever." Brae wasn't sure if it was stupid of her to think of Kate stumbling in at that particular moment with her hair completely disordered and her heels in her hand.

"Evan Henry Lewis, have you come here to enter into marriage without coercion, freely and wholeheartedly?" Evan took a small second before responding.

"I have." He smiled at Brae but the little uncertainty in his eyes didn't go unnoticed by her.

"Braelyn Sabella Taylor, have you come here to enter into Marriage without coercion, freely and wholeheartedly?"

"With all my heart." This successfully brought a smile on his face. He finally let go of all insecurities and the sudden influx of excitement led him to give a small squeeze to her hands.

"Have you prepared your vows?" Both of them nodded as Ryan and Brielle passed them the vows that they had written down.

"Brae—" He took a deep breath before continuing.

"—I met you when we were just highschool kids. I still remember that day when you walked in wearing the blue striped dress. Since that day you have been with me, always. Even in those years that we have spent apart, not a single day has passed when I didn't think of you." The news of their separation was no secret to all those who were present there.