Chapter- 45

Braelyn's POV

I sighed, quite liking the warmth of his body pressed against mine under the sheets. I was tracing his abs with my fingers before placing a small kiss on his chest.

"Don't do that." He held my hand and pulled me closer, staring at me with a playful smile.

"Unless you want me to get excited. I doubt you have that energy left in you." I propped myself up on my elbow and stared at him, my lips tugging up in a playful smirk.

"Oh baby, you doubt my abilities." His eyes visibly darkened at my words. He flipped us over so that he was now hovering over me.

"You sure?" He whispered near my lips.

"God! No! I was joking." I pushed at his chest. Though I couldn't move him an inch, it brought a visible change in his expression. Unimpressed, he fell back on the bed.

"Sadly, I didn't find any humour in it." I chuckled at how adorable he sounded before lying on him.

"I think we should talk about it." He said while he wrapped his hand around me.

"About?" I mindlessly asked.

"Your pregnancy." I felt myself get stiff for a second before breathing in.

"Yeah, we should." After that there was a long prevailing silence.

"Do you- do you want an abortion?" I could sense the tiny bit of uncertainty in his voice. I was quiet for a long time contemplating my answer when I heard him sigh.

"You know, you can say it. I get it if you're not ready right now." He rubbed his hand up and down on my arm to soothe me into speaking up.

"I thought that all this was happening really fast and…" I trailed off, unsure if I wanted to say the next words.

"And?" He prompted.

"And everyone is going to think just like Victoria did." The expression that fell upon his face is the reason why I didn't want to say it at first.

"Listen to me, what others think doesn't matter. What matters is what you think, how you feel." We were now lying on our sides and facing each other.

"I know, I know. These were my feelings earlier and I- I have decided." He pressed his lips together awaiting my answer.

"I don't want an abortion. I was just extremely nervous but I thought it over and I want this." He looked surprised like he was almost expecting the opposite answer.

"I want this baby with you." His eyes glistened with hope.

"You're sure? I mean it's not solely because you're considering my feelings, right?" He tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and rubbed the pad of his thumb on my cheek.

"Of course not! What do I care about your feelings?" I shrugged and did my best to suppress the smile tugging at my lips.

"Is it so?" He asked with a hint of mischief in his voice.

"Then you wouldn't care if I say that I feel like screwing your brains out?" He rasped, dragging his hand along my thigh. The feeling of his hand on my bare thigh caused a funny feeling in my stomach though we had sex not hours ago.

"Mhmmm but I want to talk about something else." He huffed out loud at my rejection of his advances.

"Like what?" He asked in a flat bored tone.

"Like you and Victoria." I saw his face turning grim at my words.

"I don't want to discuss that." I held his face before he could turn away.