Chapter Seventeen: Dirty Money, Dirty Texts

Start from the beginning

Never had I wanted to tell someone to go pound salt so desperately. My mind harked on what kind of problem I would have if with this whole written word thing.

Me: Not until I have it in wording that you'll keep YOUR word.

Lucifer: About?

Me: About compensating me for all this BS.

Lucifer: Ah, so now you want my dirty money? Fine, my offer is $200

Me: ................

Lucifer: Yeah, that's right, baby. The offer dropped when you kicked my balls into my fucking stomach on your porch.

"Good times, good times," I laughed to myself.

Me: You showing up at Thanksgiving today with a black eye doesn't exactly assure my safety, either. One million.

Lucifer: Fine, $20,000. Very generous.

Me: Four more zeroes is generous, dearest.

Lucifer: 20,500. If you're a good girl, I'll teach you how to drive, too. Your father told me he hates being a passenger with you. Said you drive too fast and break too hard.

The truth was, I did know how to drive. I just hadn't driven myself in almost two years, since the incident with my father's mafia. I was scared to get behind the wheel and whenever I did I locked up in fear.

Me: You can't even drive on the right side of the road, stronzo.

Lucifer: I'm actually a very good driver. I was just messing with you, and it sure did rile you up.

I recalled how we'd kissed in the rain outside of his car, and I shivered from the memory. Reaching over my bed, I picked up my discarded sweatshirt and pulled it on over my head, disregarding the sensation as just being cold by my fan.

Me: 300k. And I get to drive your car.

Lucifer: LOL.

Lucifer: 100k, no car, and we're fucking wherever I want, whenever I want.

I gaped at my phone screen, nearly dropping it on my face.

Me: I'm going to pretend I didn't just read that.

Lucifer: Nah, read it again. You wanted to get greedy, there's my final offer.

Me: I'm not a prostitute.

Lucifer: Neither am I, so stop trying to fuck me out of a million dollars.

Me: Fine. 200k, and you can go fuck yourself. :)

Lucifer: Tempting. The more I think about it, I WOULD rather let Nick fumble around with your crusty panties than me... ;)

That winky face practically blew steam out of my ears like a train.

Me: You're the one who's dick harbors undiscovered diseases and sores.

Lucifer: You really seem like you know what you're talking about. How many boyfriends have you had again?

I growled at my phone, shaking it back and forth as if I were strangling Lucius. ZERO boyfriends, and he knew it. But I wasn't ashamed of it!

Me: I don't know why I haven't blocked you. You're the scum of this earth.

Lucifer: Why, because I blackmailed you? Think your father's never done the same thing or worse, or are is ignorance bliss there for you too?