Saving a life

(A/N): English is not my language, so if you find a grammatical error let me know; 🇧🇷

After a while walking together, Tyson noticed that every now and then he caught Shantae looking at him with curious eyes, which he couldn't help but laugh, Tyson then started looking around to see the destruction caused by Ammo Baron's attack, the damage was great and there were several houses destroyed. Tyson felt a wave of anger and disappointment wash over him.

Tyson: (Thoughts) Things are worse than I thought. Without the Guardian Genie around here things seem to get worse by the second... I wish I could do something to fix this damage but...

Tyson then returns his gaze to the iron bracelet on his arm. Tyson then got a thoughtful face.

Tyson: (Thoughts) If it hadn't been for this thing sealing my powers I would have fixed everything by now and maybe there wouldn't have been so much destruction...

Shantae noticed the sad look of the young man and worried decided to ask.

Shantae: Tyson? Alright?

Tyson then turned to pay attention when he heard his name called.

Tyson: Hi? Oh it's ok, yes, I was just a little thoughtful...

Shantae: About what?

Tyson: Tell me Shantae, how often is this town attacked?

Shantae paused for a moment to think.

Shantae: Hmmm... Quite the truth. Sometimes Ammo Baron, sometimes pirates...

Tyson: (Thoughts) Um without the Guardian Genies around, things go from bad to worse. (Out of thoughts) And to think that it wasn't like that before.

Tyson and Shatae continued walking until they heard something. It was a cry of despair and sadness that caught Tyson's attention. He and Shantae then noticed a small group of people huddled together and seemed to be watching something.

Shantae: What's going on over there?

Tyson: I don't know. We will see.

As they got closer they saw a horrible scene, a child between six and seven years old who had a serious wound at the level of the stomach, beside the child were the father and mother who were crying to see their son leave little by little. That scene made Shantae put her hands over her mouth, on the other hand Tyson had a serious look on his face. He then decided to ask what had happened to the people who were there.

Tyson: What do you hear here?

Random Man: Looks like the kid was wounded during the attack.

Random Woman: She is not the only one, several other people were also hurt in the mess.

Tyson then pushed his way through the people to get to the injured boy. As he approached, he knelt next to the boy next to his parents.

Tyson: How did he get hurt?

Mother: *crying* Ammo Baron's soldiers entered our house and were about to kill me *crying*

Father: Neko tried to stop them but they attacked him *crying*

Shantae: It's my fault... If I had done something sooner this wouldn't have happened... I'm sorry... -She said sadly feeling guilty.-

Tyson then decided to talk to the injured boy.

Tyson: Hey kid. What's your name?

Neko: N-Neko... W-Who are you? -He asked weakly-

Tyson: Nice to meet you Neko, I'm Tyson and I must say you were very brave protecting your family. -Spoken kindly-