Good For a Good Time: Dylan

Start from the beginning

Lita chuckled a bit. "You've got a point there." She slung an arm over my shoulders and rested her head against mine. "I just need you to be okay, alright?"

"I'm fine, Lita, I promise. He'll... find someone new like he always does."

"Yeah, but he always circles back."

"Well, he can keep on circling," I stated, raising my glass to my lips once again. My eyes landed on Asher standing next to Ryder at the bar, laughing. Ugh. He was even more gorgeous when he smiled.

Gross.

I was trying to peel my eyes from him, when Asher Wilde turned and looked directly at me, and I froze. He gave me a pursed smile and raised his glass as I scrambled to refocus my attention back on Lita. "Surprised he actually showed up," I mumbled.

Lita sighed and looked at her soon-to-be husband and his best friend. "I'm glad he did. Ryder was really upset after their coffee fiasco the other day."

"Yeah, well, his best friend is a dick."

"He's not though," Lita argued. "I've known Ash since we were in college. He's not as bad as he comes off sometimes."

I arched a meticulously groomed eyebrow high on my face and gave her a deadpan stare. "Seriously?"

"Yes, seriously, Dylan," Lita responded with a chuckle. "Ash is... incredible when he lets himself be. He is... fun, and hilarious, and so caring... not to mention he's fucking gorgeous..."

"Well, that I can agree with..."

"He just lets his dad and... his girlfriend, if that's what she's supposed to be, get to him. But..." Lita continued with a smirk. "According to Ryder, the rich bitch girlfriend may no longer be an issue."

"That so?" I asked, trying to keep my interest out of my voice.

"Apparently they got into a huge fight before he got here. He wanted her to come to the bar and join us, she wouldn't. Tried to force him to go with her... and flipped her Dolce and Gabbana lid when he told her no."

I laughed at that. "Well, well done, Asher."

"He hasn't stopped looking at you either, ya know?"

I glared at Lita and her stupid little knowing smirk. "I'm not looking at him."

"Are too."

"Am not."

"Are too, Dylan Lee," Lita smirked, nudging me with her elbow. "It's okay. He's... a hard man not to look at."

"Fine. He's pretty. But pretty doesn't change the fact that he talked loads of shit on me just because I have a fucking OnlyPatrons page. If that's the kind of person he is, he can take his pretty and jump off the pier."

"Dyl..."

"No, Lita," I interrupted. "I'm tired of being judged because I've taken control of my sexuality. Sites like OnlyPatrons wouldn't even exist if men weren't paying to see women's bits anyway, so really, who's he to fucking judge me? He probably has some secret account his little princess of a girlfriend doesn't know about."

Lita shrugged. "I mean he could."

"Most do. Especially the loud ones who talk about how trashy it is," I stated, smiling quickly at the waitress as she delivered another gin and tonic in front of me. "God forbid a woman stands up and says "Oh yeah? Pay to Play, buddy." She's a total slut then, right?"

"He didn't say you were a slut, Dylan..."

"He didn't have to, Lita. I've heard it all before. "Poor Dylan shows her knockers to make a living," "Poor girl must have no self-esteem," "Poor gal's gotta have Daddy Issues up the wazoo," I ranted in a mocking tone. "Well fuck all of that. I have a 'real' job, two in fact, I pay all my own bills, I own my apartment and my car and I fucking love my dad, so they can take their rationale and fucking shove it."