15. His Gift

Irma arched an eyebrow, chuckling. She looked at Regina up and down with a fake sympathetic look. "I knew he would dumped you sooner or later."

And with those words the librarian left.

****************

Regina was not angry with her. Irma always had a thing for Severus, Albus had informed her about that since he found out that they were together. No, Regina was not angry with her, no. But she was angry with Severus who got mad over something so unimportant. Yes, Regina lied about them being careful during sex but what the hell? She had her reasons. Of course Severus was unaware of those reasons but still. He had to ask her, but instead he preferred to condemn her.

She left the Stone Bridge and went directly to Severus' chambers. Her rage made her blood boil. That was not fair. He had the right to keep things from her but she hadn't the same right? That was absurd! With a flick of her wand all her things, clothes and books gathered in her trunk. She was willing to have a conversation with him when he returns but that would be all. If he didn't want to understand, she would leave.

Something was cooking under her nose but she just couldn't see it. Severus was very often occupied with Dumbledore's secret missions and he never shared any details about those missions with Regina. I mean, what the fuck was going on? It was okay for him to have secrets but he couldn't accept her own secrets.

An hour later Severus returned to his chambers and found Regina waiting for him standing straight in the middle of the living room. His gaze quickly caught the sight of the trunk, right next to the exit door. She folded her arms across her chest, looking at him.

He took a few steps closer to her, his expression unidentified. "You're leaving?", he only said, his voice indifferent.

Regina huffed though she felt her heart breaking by his indifference. "You don't seem like you care, anyway."

"If you expect from me to fall on your knees and beg you to stay, you will wait too long", he icily said but his expression was calm.

"Why is this happening?", she stared at him.

"You don't know?"

"Actually I don't. Enlighten me, please."

"You lied to Madame Pomfrey about us", his rage was slowly building up but he was still restrained. "We were never careful during sex! The only thing I can assume is that you hexed your body to prevent a possible pregnancy by me! Why can't you be clear for once in your life? Say it to my face that you don't want my kids! Say it to my face that I am disposable!"

"I can't believe you assumed something like that about me", she shook her head disappointed. "You didn't even care to question me and now you act like a sensitive brat. Also, I can't even comprehend the fact that you wanted kids with me. We're together for four-five months only."

"Listen to yourself, Regina!", he shouted. "You don't value our relationship. We're together since the first day we met, twenty four years ago! I don't need to spend another five or ten years with you to know that I want our kids!"

"You can't have kids with me!!", she blurted out, yelling at him. "Voldemort cursed me after he killed my baby!! Are you happy now that I told you the truth?!", she glared daggers at him though her heart ached. Shock was written all over his face. "I didn't want to tell you because I was afraid that I would lose you!! You can't have a family with me, Severus!", she threw her arms in the air indignantly. "I'm sick of your behavior! I'm sick to my stomach! You have so many secrets but the one and only secret I had left was the reason to screw us! Are you happy now?? Are you??"