Chapter 13

Later that night, Brian finally got home. Ayanna went by the his job early and they told her that he wasn't going to be in today. So she didn't know where he was this whole time.

"Hey dad", said Ayanna.

"Hey", said Brian.

"I got Chinese...yours is in the fridge", she said.

"Thanks...I'm surprised you brought me something. How did you get money anyway?", asked Brian.

"..Mrs. Mills gave me some money when I was with her", said Ayanna. "Finally used it"

"I didn't know that", said Brian.

"Yea. Well she did", said Ayanna.

"I know I told you—"

"Where were you today?", asked Ayanna. "You said you were working today but I went to the job to see you and they said you were out for the day...where were you? Why did you lie?"

"...who's the child in this room? Because I know it isn't me", said Brian.

"I'm just trying to keep account for how many lies you've told...including hurting Kendrick and my mom right?", asked Ayanna.

Brian didn't say anything. He just looked to the side and shook his head as if she was crazy.

"RIGHT!?", asked Ayanna.

"I didn't hurt your mom", said Brian.

"What about Kendrick?", asked Ayanna.

Brian didn't reply. He just looked at her.

"Wow... no response to that huh?", Ayanna asked.

"...I loved your mom. She loved me. The last thing I'd want to do is kill her", he said.

"And you know what else is crazy that you didn't tell me either? Mom was cremated. Yet I don't see an urn around here", said Ayanna. "I think I saw Kendrick's at his mom's house but not my mom's. I mean if you really loved her, you'd have it"

"Your mom always wanted to live on the beach...she always wanted to watched the sun rise on the beach and watch it set. She told me that she wanted to be cremated and she don't me she wanted her ashes sprinkled on the beach. So that's what I did", said Brian.

Ayanna looked away.

"...I think that things are going to get really rough for you dad", said Ayanna.

"Excuse me?", asked Brian.

"Nothing", said Ayanna before she got up and walked upstairs.

Brian shook his head and sat down.

He turned the TV on and started watching it. A few moments later. He began to feel a little light headed.

"Damn. I'm tired", said Brian.

Payton came out of the kitchen with a mask on.

"Finally. It's kicking in. This trick never fails", said Payton.

Brian made a face as he looked at her. He reached on his hip for his gun but forgot he didn't have it on him. He began to feel weak.

"I could less about that bitch but you killed the wrong man", said Payton. "Oooh I just wanna kill your ass"

Payton started getting mad and acting crazy.

"You're lucky I just rather let you rot in jail", said Payton.

Brian passed out.

"Ayanna!", said Payton. "Come on!"

Ayanna came downstairs with a mask on. She looked at Brian.