He grumbled something that was muffled against the pillow but I took it as a yes, slipping inside of the room and closing the door behind me.

Silence again before I gathered the courage to break it, "Do you want me to leave?"

His head shot up at that as he frowned at me, "What? Why?"

I stayed against the door, "I want to give you your space. I don't mind if you prefer to be left alone right now."

He let out a sigh, swallowing thickly as he shook his head, "No, don't leave. Please, stay."

"Okay." I quickly nodded, "I'm staying."

He ever so slightly stretched his hand out and I took it as my cue to get closer. The bed dipped under my weight when I put both knees up and sat sideways, reaching for his hand with mine. He let out another sigh when I touched him, gently squeezing his hand, "Is there something I can do?"

Harry seemed to hesitate for a second, keeping his eyes low, "Cuddle me?" He eventually mumbled and I fought the small smile, nodding. I laid down next to him, and Harry rolled over so his back was to me. Even though we were both fully clothed and above the sheets, it didn't feel uncomfortable when I pressed my chest against his back and circled my arm around his side, spooning him.

I kissed between his clothed shoulders, squeezing him into me as our legs entwined, "Anything else?" I whispered.

Another pause.

"You can tell me what she said." He mumbled and I sighed, "Harry, why would I do that? It's only going to make you feel worse."

"So I can try and defend myself." He muttered and I shook my head, "No need to defend yourself. I didn't believe a word she said."

Harry paused, "Well, what if it was the truth?"

"Maybe it's her truth, doesn't mean it's mine. I don't know you like that, I don't see you like that. I don't see what she sees, so we have different truths." I simply explained, "It doesn't matter what she said, because I feel like I know you. So I don't care."

"You know it's different with you, right? Than it was with her?"

"I know." I softly confirmed, kissing his shoulder again, "Don't worry, I know. Nothing's changed, Harry."

We fell silent for a bit as I felt him slightly relaxing into me. He had been so tense this whole time, I had never seen him like that, bottling his emotions up so badly he completely closed off.

"Sorry I ruined the night." He eventually whispered. I squeezed him tight, my heart aching for him as I sternly shook my head again, "Harry, you didn't. They were horrible to you, those aren't real friends. You don't ever have to worry about our friends treating you like that, I promise... I won't ever treat you like that. I hate that they make you feel like this." I rambled, feeling so angry at how sad he was feeling. I hated it for him.

He didn't say anything and I nudged his back with my nose, "Turn around, look at me..." I pleaded, feeling him shift in my grip until he was on his other side and face to face with me. His eyes were a little puffy and he sniffed once as he avoided my eye sight, "I just miss them sometimes." He murmured.

I cupped his cheek, "I know. I know you do. It sounds like a fucking horrible thing to have to go through, Harry. I can't believe you lost so many friends in one go, that you had to feel so disappointed in them. You deserve so much more than that..."

"Really?" He seemed unsure, "Always felt like I deserved it. For hurting her. I hate the idea that she hates me so much."

I squeezed him even tighter, pressing my lips to his in a short kiss, "No, no, don't think that... You're a good person, Harry. Doesn't mean you never do a bad thing, but you never intended to break someone's heart. You were hurting too..."