20.

Harry.

"Dave, you ready to leave?" I asked my colleague as I put my coat on and grabbed my bag. He was scrolling on his phone while talking to an older colleague, who frowned when she realized he wasn't really paying attention to her.

"Mhm, sorry Patrice, got to go." He seemed less than sorry to say goodbye to Patrice, not giving her another look before he followed me out of the teacher's lounge and we left the school together.

While we walked to our cars, Dave was whining and complaining about Patrice. She seemed to think they were great friends, but according to Dave, all she ever talked about were her cats and how much she loved cheese.

"It's completely insane!" He cried out, "I don't give a fuck about the different kinds of cheese!"

I cackled as I shook my head, "Sounds horrible, you're right. Why does she think you're friends? Don't think she's ever even talked to me."

Dave shrugged as he lit up a cigarette outside of the school gates, "She gave me the tour on my first day and I stuck with her for a bit after that. But that was years ago!"

We passed by some of our students who were hanging out after school, a few girls waving and smiling at us as we walked to our cars, "I'm so happy you work in this bloody school." Dave sighed, "Finally a guy, and someone my age. Couldn't have asked for anything better."

"You're making me blush." I joked and Dave rolled his eyes, "Seriously, working with these old girls for all those years, I got tired of being the only sex symbol."

I let out a laugh again, fishing my car keys out of my pocket as I shook my head to myself, "Sex symbol, glad you're humble." I sarcastically spoke.

"You know all of these colleagues are drooling over us."

"They're kind of... old." I frowned, a shudder running over my spine.

"I know. Do you know how many inappropriate comments I've gotten over the years? All of these women could be my mother, it's completely gross. And I'm sorry that you have to deal with that as well now, but on the other hand I'm glad that I'm not the only one anymore." Dave explained.

I scrunched up my nose in disgust, "Haven't noticed it that much, to be honest. But that sounds horrible... Couldn't you go to the principal with that? It's basically harassment."

"Maybe Cindy looks at it differently, I know the old principal didn't give a shit. He thought it was all good fun, just because he was an old twat who never got any attention. Sometimes it is fun, you know, some harmless flirting, but I kind of feel objectified."

"Clearly. I hate how there's such a double standard when it comes to that. If it were the other way around, old men harassing younger women, it would've been in the paper already. It's like they always assume we're fine with it because we're men." I complained with a frown, reaching my car.

Dave shrugged his shoulders, "It is what it is, I guess. Hey, want to head to Steve's and finish this bloody project? If we finish it today, we won't have to work on it during the weekend."

I slowly nodded as I opened my car door, tightening my jacket around me. It had been drizzling all day, and I had been caught in the rain once already during the jog this morning. I didn't feel like getting all wet again, "Good idea. I'll see you there?"

Dave shot me a thumbs up and got in his car as well. I shut the door behind me, getting out of the Thursday wind and into the warmth and comfort of my car. I instantly turned up the heating and the radio for the short drive to Steve's bar, driving behind Dave's old Jeep that was bound to fall apart any day now.