39. (*)

Penelope.

I was met with a large amount of cheers and applause when I entered Steve's bar. I tried my best to look surprised, but blushed furiously from having this many eyes on me and this many people congratulating me.

I hated being the centre of attention, even if it was just in my group of friends. I waved it all away and dropped my eyes as I shyly smiled.

Louis had a sign made with 'Happy restraining order-day!!' which had me laugh out loud. I was glad I could see the humour in it now.

I knew my friends never passed up an opportunity for a party and drinks, but I was glad they had settled on Steve's bar instead of some loud club where we couldn't properly talk due to how loud it was. Steve's was our little home away from home. We had been coming here for years now, usually on the daily for some coffee and Steve – the owner – knew us pretty well by now.

I greeted everyone and spent a little extra time hugging Katie and Dave, thanking them for organizing this and for being so supportive over the past few weeks. I knew I had been a bit of a nightmare to live with since I was always so on edge and stressed, but they had handled it like champs. Dave was beaming with pride at organizing this little get together and I grinned at how accomplished he felt with himself.

Katie was a sight for sore eyes once more, treating the world like her runway. She looked incredible in a black dress and high heels, red lips and her hair straightened out. I definitely looked like a bag of shit next to her.

Harry forced a smile when I reached him, and I pretended to greet him as if I hadn't seen him minutes before. It felt comical to fake a greeting to him when I was lounging on his couch not half an hour before. The same thing happened with Sarah and Mitch, and I snorted under my breath when Mitch greeted me like he hadn't seen me in a year. He was dramatic and enthusiastic and Harry rolled his eyes at his behaviour.

"Are you okay?" I quietly asked him as I subtly took a spot standing next to him after having greeted everyone. Harry leaned into me a little and nodded, a smile on his lips, "Mhm. This is nice."

"Yeah." I breathed, "Would've preferred to stay home with you though."

"Sleepover tomorrow? Or tonight?" Harry suggested quietly and I bit my lip to fight my wide smile. I nodded at his question, "Maybe tomorrow? I'll be all out of energy tonight."

Harry faked confusion, "What would you need energy for? Don't we sleep at a sleepover?"

I giggled and then my eyes shortly dropped to his lips, "I've got a few ideas in mind."

I could tell the air between us got thicker and I quickly cleared my throat and looked away before it got suspicious and people started noticing, "I'll talk to you later." I mumbled and Harry nodded with a smirk, "Alright."

I went over to talk to some more people, slowly sipping some coffee in the meantime in an attempt to get myself a bit more awake again. I was really feeling like a zombie at this point. This day had been draining in every possible way. From the massive anxiety of the courtroom, to the ecstasy I felt after winning, to the range of emotions from seeing my mum, to visiting my dad and spending a couple of hours on the road.

As soon as I finished my cup of coffee, Niall pushed a glass of champagne in my hand and gave me a little shove so I was in the middle of the circle and everyone stared at me. I cleared my throat awkwardly as I realized they wanted me to give some sort of speech. I uncomfortably shifted in my stance when everyone looked at me, but felt a little calmer when I searched for Harry's green eyes and he gave me a little nod.

"So," I sighed, "Thank you all for being here tonight, and thanks to Dave for organizing this thing. I had no idea all of you were so invested in me being away from Patrick." I snickered, earning me a couple of laughs, "Um... Each and every one of you has been really supportive these past few weeks, and I couldn't wish for a better group of friends. So thank you." I raised my glass and ended with that, earning me a new round of cheers and claps.