O N E - S I X T Y E I G H T

♡♡♡

October 19th, 2027
maisie and theo's football match

Lilah hummed softly as she lay in bed with her phone in her hand, the dogs laying at the end of the bed fast asleep as they enjoy a peaceful morning at home. Maisie was at school, Mason had gone to work a few hours ago so it left Lilah at home on her own to do whatever she pleased before she had to go out later on.

Lauren eventually joined her in her bed, the two pregnant ladies having conversations about the future and about their little ones with the TV playing in the background. Mason was due home in the earlier hours of the afternoon, and after very little convincing, agreed to pick his daughter up from school to let Lilah rest.

Lauren had convinced Declan to do the same, both boys agreeing as they knew just how tired their other halves were, and thankfully that morning, Mason took Declan to work with the incline that this would happen. Both footballers walked into the playground in search of their little ones, ignoring the scoffs from other mothers who were jealous that they'd come for their kids.

"Daddy!" Maisie screeched happily, letting go of the teacher's hand to go over to him. Mason grinned and picked her up in a tight hug, pressing a kiss to her cheek before placing her back down on the floor.

"Why's Uncle Declan here? He stinks." She pouts, looking at Declan who looks at Mason with a raised eyebrow.

"May I remind Lilah when we get to yours that she needs to stop teaching her daughter and my son that I stink?" Declan shakes his head, both Theo and Maisie laughing as they skipped over to the car.

"Told you, Lilah tells her to say all sorts to you." Mason laughs, helping both Theo and Maisie into the car before getting in himself. Music was playing lowly through the stereo, Theo practically passed out in his car seat whilst Maisie points out every pumpkin she saw on the way home.

"A mean lady told me Mummy was ugly today." Maisie huffs, catching Mason's attention almost immediately.

"Who said that?" Mason asks, shaking his head at the remark.

"Joanna's Mummy, the ginger one who looks like a scarecrow." Maisie replies with a beaming smile, knowing it would make her dad and her Uncle Declan laugh. Mason shook his head and checked his messages before Declan pulled into his driveway, all four of them getting out of the car to go inside.

"Mummy! I made you something!" Maisie screeches the second she steps foot through the door, taking her shoes off before running upstairs to find her.

Lauren and Lilah counted to 5 before both Maisie and Theo came bursting into the room, the pair getting onto the bed to give their Mummy's a hug. Maisie pressed a kiss to Lilah's cheek before pressing one to her bump, her Mum moving her hair out of her face before she pulls the colour splotched paper out of her bag. 

"Ooo, this is pretty." Lilah grins, looking at the paper before Maisie buries her head into Lilah's neck to hug her. Mason and Declan both walked in at the same time, both going over to the bed to sit down and greet their other halves.

"Kiss me." Mason pouts at Lilah.

"I've got a child koala-ing me, one second." Lilah laughs quietly shuffling upward a bit to reach him. He grins, kissing her lips sweetly before pulling away to tuck her hair behind her ear and out of her face.