O N E - T E N

♡♡♡

WARNING; difficult labour, mentions of hemorrhaging, please read at your own risk.

♡♡♡

January 19th, 2022
the day Maisie-Jayne Mount was born

Delilah groaned heavily as she rolled over on the sofa, trying her hardest to get as comfy as possible so she could watch the film waiting to be played on her TV screen. Blue had been nudging her hand all morning and she had no idea why, the girl feeling an immediate pressure in her pelvis that wasn't going away.

She shrugged it off as nothing important as she'd been having the same ache for the last two days anyway, so it didn't really mean much to her. When she finally got comfortable she reached for the remote and pressed play on her film, rubbing her eyes tiredly as she listened to Mason getting ready to go to work.

He came downstairs only moments after she thought of him, going into the kitchen to get his breakfast before he walked into the living room to give Lilah a kiss. She smiled at him, ruffling his semi-fluffy hair before he left for training.

"What's up Blue?" Lilah asks, scratching behind her ears thinking she was wanting some attention.

She sat through the entire film without moving, a success on her part considering she got up at least every 15 minutes to go to the bathroom, and when she did, she winced in pain. It was more unbearable than it had been in the previous hours since she woke up, and it was that bad she could barely walk without having some sort of pain shoot around inside of her.

That's when it hit her.

She was in labour, of course she was. Now that she was thinking about it, her waters broke in the shower the previous evening without her realising and she had the worst nights sleep ever. And of course, Mason wasn't even around to help her, and she hated disturbing him at work.

She sat back down on the sofa to relieve some of the tension as she scrolled through her phone to get to Mason's contact, ringing it a few dozen times but receiving no response. Her last resort was Tuchel, someone she didn't want to call but she was going to have to as none of the lads were answering their phones.

"Morning Delilah, how are you today?" Thomas asks cheerily.

"Hi Thomas, I'm okay, uh, is Mason there?" Lilah questions, scratching her head softly.

"He is, is something wrong?" Thomas asks.

"I'm in labour." Lilah responds, listening to him gasp before she hears him shouting for Mason. 

"Yeah, yeah, Lilah what's up?" Mason asks with worry in his voice.

"I'm in labour." She responds, hearing some muffling and some cheers before the phone is passed back to Thomas.

"He's on his way, good luck to you both." Thomas grins.

"Thank you Thomas."

She hung up the phone seconds later, getting up and going upstairs to get changed into some better-looking clothes whilst she waited for Mason to get home. Once she'd gotten changed, she messaged Frizz to ask her if she would take care of Blue and waited for her response before she got her hospital bag and went downstairs.