S E V E N T Y F O U R

♡♡♡

July 11th, 2021
england v italy

Delilah groans as she hears her alarm go off, rolling over in her hotel bed to get to her phone so she could turn of the annoying noise it was making. Humming in relief, she snuggles further into the duvet and waits for her last alarm to go off before she absolutely had to get out of bed. 

And of course, it came quicker than anticipated, the girl slowly getting herself up and dressed whilst trying her hardest to not succumb to the pain she was in. She couldn't exactly tell what it was because it hurt all over, assuming it was just a headache that was causing her to believe the rest of her body was hurting.

Mason had spent half of his night worrying over her, wondering why she all of a sudden had started to get sick all the time and why she was in so much pain with her body. His anxiety about her got worse whenever she wasn't by his side or sharing a room with him because he wanted to keep an eye on her at all times.

He sighed in relief when he saw her walk into the cafe, the girl sitting down beside him and resting her head on his shoulder whilst Gareth spoke to everyone. It was only now that he realised just how drained Delilah looked, wondering exactly was going on with her.

"Sharky, can I have a word?" Southgate speaks, the girl standing up and going somewhere quieter with him whilst everyone else ate breakfast.

"Feeling alright?" He asks.

"I'm alright yeah, don't worry about me." She responds, giving him a small yet reassuring smile.

He nodded, letting her go back into the cafe to eat whilst he spoke to one of the coaches to keep a close eye on her during the day and the match tonight. 

Once everyone had eaten breakfast, they went to the gym for a light training session before heading out for lunch. Lunch was quick and easy, and then back to the indoor pitch they went to have a bit of a kick about before the final.

"You okay?" Mason asks his fiance who was sitting on the sidelines with Chilly.

"Perfect." Delilah replies, smiling softly before she pats around for her phone.

She'd forgotten it.

"Bloody hell, I need to go back to my room to get my phone." Delilah huffs, informing Ben of where she was going before she stands up. Mason watches her in the corner of her eye as she leaves, furrowing his eyebrows as he turns his attention back to the mini game they were having.

Making it back to her hotel room, Delilah swiped her key through the door and walked in, going over to her bed to see where her phone was and failing miserably. She looks around for it, looking at her suitcase before groaning and unzipping it to rummage through it.

She finds it hidden away in one of the pockets of Mason's hoodies, the girl taking it out before she see's a pregnancy test lying in the bottom of her suitcase unopened and waiting to be used. It almost felt melancholic to take it because in her mind, she knew it would come back negative and she'd feel immense sadness inside of her for the rest of the day.

She gave in to her instincts and took it out of her suitcase, zipping it back up with her phone securely in her pocket before going to the bathroom. Delilah stared at the pink box for a second before she opened it, sighing to herself in the mirror as she didn't understand why she gave in to her feelings just for it to come out negative.