E I G H T Y S I X

♡♡♡

August 11th, 2021
the super cup

"Morning." Mason smiles as he watches his fiance waddle into the lounge of the hotel, adjusting himself on his seat before she sat down in front of him. He'd been worrying about her all night again given the fact she stayed in a hotel room by herself so Mason could get his full amount of sleep instead of her waking him up all the time by going to the bathroom.

He was relieved to know she was okay, the brunette moving forward and tucking her hair behind her ear for her whilst the other lads in the lounge tease him for being so whipped. He stuck his middle finger up at them in response, listening to Lilah laugh before she sat back against the chair to get more comfortable.

"How'd you sleep?" Mason asks.

"Awfully, got up like 9 times to have a wee but I was awake half the night anyway." She shrugs.

"Why?" Mason furrows his eyebrows.

"I've been thinking about godparents... and names." Delilah beams, watching him smile but shake his head in disappointment at the same time. By now the majority of the team had disappeared to the other half of the lounge for a game of pool or to have a kickabout on the indoor pitch so it was just the two of them.

"Enlighten me then." He responds, moving a hand through his hair.

"Well, Dec and Lauren are obviously number 1, 'cause it's Dec and Lauren, then I was thinking Kai and Soph, then maybe Kepa?" Lilah suggests.

"I wanna ask Chilly as well, he's been around us for a while so I think he deserves it." Mason responds, watching her nod.

"I'm thinking of asking them tomorrow when we get back from here, get them all at our house, give them all a card and a present each to ask them." Lilah informs him, watching him nod.

"God I can't believe we're having a kid." Mason smiles excitedly. 

"Speaking of, what are we gonna name her? I can't keep calling her Baby Mount." Lilah looks at him, tucking some hair behind her ear again. 

"Have you not got any?" Mason questions, secretly hoping she would mention the list he had on his phone.

"Well no because I know you've got the list on your phone." Lilah smiles, watching him smile as well before he takes his phone out of his pocket.

"Gertrude." Mason exclaims happily.

"Pardon?" She responds, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Let's call her Gertrude." Mason grins.

"Do you wanna be single?" Lilah asks, listening to him laugh loudly before he shakes his head.

"You know I'm only joking." Mason smiles, sitting back when she moves to sit on his lap.

"Okay, being serious, what do you wanna call her?" Lilah asks, moving an eyelash off of his cheek.

Mason sits quietly for a moment, admiring his girlfriend in deep thought whilst she wiped the eyelash off of his cheek. She aimlessly started to trace all the features on his face whilst it was quiet, a soft smile sitting upon her face that seemed never ending.