F I F T Y F I V E

♡♡♡

Mason swallowed the lump in his throat as his Captain left the changing rooms alone, the rest of the team following her outside to get into the line to go onto the pitch. He felt warm and sweaty, his hands were slick with it because he was nervous. Not only was he nervous about the very important match coming his way, he was proposing to Delilah tonight.

He figured that since he did it so privately last time that he'd go all out this time and propose in front of people, the people that Lilah loved the most, which was the team and the fans. He was excited at the same time, he knew that this time they woudln't rush into planning the wedding and having it as quick as possible, they'd learnt from last time.

So he took in a deep breath, composed himself before walking out of the changing rooms and getting into the line behind Chilwell. The only other person that knew what was going on was Kai because he caught Mason looking at Rings during a lunch break at Cobham and helped him.

He could've just reused her old engagement ring from the first time around, but she had it on a chain around her neck along with her old wedding ring so he couldn't. He didn't mind though, he could get her the one he'd originally found the first time but it was sold out everywhere when he went to buy it that time around.

He watched her smile at the team and give them reassurances to kick their nerves away before they walked out of the tunnel and stood beside the Ref. The usual pre-match shennagians happened, Delilah giving the City Match flag to one of her coaches before she took off her jacket and went to stand in the centre circle.

The second the whistle blew she knew exactly how chaotic and close the match would be, the girl trying her hardest to keep the ball away from Manchester City. Sterling had the earliest kick at the goal but luckily Reece James was there to push him a bit and get Mendy a good spot to save it.

Next up was a close chance from Werner which he managed to miss, the blonde German getting angry with himself for not being able to get such an 'easy goal' but Delilah reassured him that everything would be fine.

Chilwell saved yet another chance from Sterling soon after, everyone starting to get a little better at defending and getting into the game more now they were a good 10 minutes in. Werner had his second attempt on goal that evening, only for it to be saved by Ederson who looked angered by his teammates for not defending good enough.

"Hey, hey, don't sweat it Ti, we'll be fine." Delilah whispers to him, patting his shoulder as they went back into game.

The next 10 minutes saw Delilah almost score but she just went wide and hit the side netting, a groan making its way out of her throat in frustration. It also saw Antonio Rudiger stop Phil Foden from making it 1-0 to Manchester City and saw Havertz get close but was tackled at the last second.

At 42 minutes in, Chilwell passed the ball over to Delilah who panicked a little, only seeing a sea of light blue around her before she saw a little opening and she kicked it over to Havertz. The German did an incredible run, managing to get past Ederson with ease before he kicked it into the bottom left of the net. 

Delilah immediately sprinted over to her teammate and engulfed him in a tight hug with Timo, the rest of the team soon joining them with a spring in their feet. Kai Havertz was now a Chelsea Legend, he broke the tie between them and City in the Champions League final and it was more than perfect.