S I X T E E N

WARNINGS: mentions of pcos, mentions of miscarriage. PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

♡♡♡

There had been something off at home for a while. Something that neither Mason or Delilah could pick up on but both could feel the effect of it wearing them down. They'd been arguing at home non-stop, fighting over stupid little things like the dishes being undone or there being a mess in the hallway when it could easily be solved by just asking the other person to do it.

The lads at Cobham hadn't let it go unnoticed, the way they ignored each other through 3/4's of the Chelsea Awards night or how she chose to stay in a hotel room with Kepa when they went away for Games rather than stay with him. They were worried to say the least, wondering whether or not them getting married at such an early age was finally affecting them like they thought it would.

Today was no different. The team had a match away at Turf Moor against Burnley, so as usual, they piled onto the coach early that morning to get there. Mason was the first out of the couple to get onto the coach, sitting down beside Chilly but leaving the seat on the other side of the aisle vacant for his wife. 

Delilah walked onto the coach with her airpods in, the girl looking at the available seats in front of her before she walked straight down to the back of the bus and sat down with Kepa, again. Mason sighed, leaning his head back against the seat as Ben looked at him with concern, what exactly was going on behind the doors of their home?

"Can I ask you something?" Ben speaks up.

"Go ahead." Mason replies, scratching at the beard he had on his chin.

"What's going on between you and Sharky?" Ben asks, watching Mason look at him before he sighs deeply and shrugs. Ben took his silence as an indication that Mason didn't want to talk about it, so he let it slide for now, hoping to get a proper answer from him soon as he didn't want his friends to be acting this way.

Their 4 hour drive to Burnley was spent well, most of the team conversing with one another from across the bus, laughing, joking and even singing, but Delilah and Kepa were deadsilent. Both had their earphones in, Kepa had fallen asleep against the window whilst Delilah was just humming along to her music whilst she read her book that she brought along.

Arriving at the stadium, the blonde shoved her book into her DIOR backpack and slipped it on, ruffling Kepa's curls softly to wake him up whilst everyone else left the coach. She kept her airpods in when she stepped off the coach, walking inside the stadium with Kepa alongside her and a few other teammates behind them.

It was times like this Delilah was thankful that she wasn't placed beside Mason in the cubbies in the changing rooms, whether it be home or away, she was on one side of the room and he was on the other.

"Y'alright Skipper?" Kai asks as she puts her stuff down.

"Fantastic." She beams back, moving her hair out of her face as everyone started to get into their kits. She slipped her pre-match training top on before she sat down on the bench and put on her away boots, tying them up tightly before she realised she was in the changing rooms with just Mason.

"Did everyone else just get dressed freakishly fast or are we really slow?" Mason asks.

"I don't really care. Get your boots on, we've got a match to play." Delilah responds.