Chapter 28

I don't know where I am. Walking down streets I don't recognized, trying to find my way back home. I shouldn't have ran, honestly. But would you do the same? Would you run when someone you thought was your safety net turns into the monsters plaquing your dreams?

How many people has he killed?...

Hundreds?...

Thousands?...

All these thoughts swarm my mind.

Will he kill me?...

Can I trust him?...

Probably not. I want too though. I want to trust him when he says he won't hurt me. I want to sit and listen to him; I want to believe him. I shouldn't have ran.

***************************Micah's pov************************************

Dialing the one number I know I can trust I place my phone to my ear.

"Dude seriously, biggest cockblock ever." Cam whines.

"Lilah-she... she's..." I pant.

"Wow dude calm down what's happened?" He asks now concerned at the tone in my voice.

"Shes gone, Cam. Fuck she's gone..." My eyes begin to tear up as I try to tell him.

"Where. Micah tell me where."

"I don't know... please Cam you know I don't ask for much but please-"

"Already on it frattello already on it." (Brother) I keep the phone plastered to my ear as I pace up and down the living room. I stop dead in my tracks when I hear I small voice.

"Daddy? Where did D go?" I turn around to see Amelia sat on the bottom step of the stairs.

"Hey baby, Liliah's just gone out to the shops." I say quietly as I walk towards her. Crouching down to her level I move a piece of blonde hair out of her face and place a kiss on her cheek.

"Then why are you crying?" She asks, damn nothing gets past this little one.

"I'm not baby, promise. Now go back upstairs I'll be up in a sec..." She looks as me as if she can see right through my lie. Like father like daughter.

"Ok... don't take too long." With that she runs back upstairs and into her playroom.

"Yo Micah?" I hear on the other end of the phone, now placed at my side. Bringing it up to my ear I ask if he has found anything.

"I know where she is but-"

"Where." I demand through the phone, cutting him off.

"Look bro I love you an all but if you went after her I'm pretty sure shell freak out even more." He explains.

"Then what the fuck should I do?! Just let her roam streets she doesn't fucking know!" I shout angry at the fact he's keeping me away from her.

"I'll go." he suggests.

"What? What do you mean you'll go?" I run a frustrated hand through my hair.

"I mean what I said."

"You? Why would I send an unfamiliar man to go get her."

"I'm your only option. So, either send me or wait until she comes back. Which she might not do..." He exaggerates.

I let out an agitated sigh. "Fine. But I swear on the fucking devil himself if you touch her, I will kill you. Best friend or not."

"Aww am I your best friend?" He teases definitely wearing a smile. Not answering him I hang up and drop down onto the couch.

"Fuck Deliliah where the hell are you?" I whisper. A few minutes pass with me just sitting in silence before I hear my daughter shout: "DADDY!"

"Coming sweetheart." Standing up I make my way upstairs. I swear if Cam fucks up...