four;

Mid-term Results:

1st Juvia Lockser
2nd Erza Scarlet
3rd Gray Fullbuster
4th Lucy Heartfilia

"So he's smart, huh? That's not-", my thoughts were interrupted mid-way by an overenthusiastic voice.

"Juvia, look. You're first!", Levy pointed at the screen listing our names.

"You're someone to envy, you know that.", she subtly whispered to herself, as she glanced back and forth between the paper and I.

What? Why would she envy me? I'm nothing special.

Oh no, what if she hates me?

"I'm sorry for being so inconsiderate!", I blurted out without thinking, and grabbing her wrist in the process.

Argh, I didn't even it through! What if she ends up hating me more?

She's not reacting?

Phew, I think that actually worked.

After staring at me motionlessly, wearing a puzzled expression for a few seconds, the atmosphere switched in an instant.

"I'm afraid I can't forgive you. What you've done is inexcusable. Of all people, I did not expect this from you.", she passively retorted, while at the same time releasing herself from my grip rather violently.

I've done it. I made her upset.

It's all my fault.

My heart sunk into an abyss at the thought of hurting her to the point where I could feel tears emerging at the tips of my eyelids.

"Yes! I got you so good!", Levy began erupting into laughter, while pumping her fists in the air ignorantly, moments later.

Huh? It was a joke?

Even for someone like me who is usually level-headed this was too much. Perhaps my next actions were a bit over the edge, but I don't think I'll ever regret it.

"No, there is something for me to be sorry about. I don't think I've been true to you. All this time, I've just been using you for my personal gain.", I bluntly stated, which changed her expression in an heartbeat.

That's what you get, Levy. Don't mess with me. I've got some tricks up my sleeve too.

"Huh? What do you mean?", she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, and attempted to make eye-contact, which of course, I refused.

"I never liked you.", I finished, giving her a lifeless stare.

That should teach her a lesson!

"But-", she couldn't complete the phrase as she began bawling uncontrollably.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean it!", I shouted out impulsively.

I should've known better, but as soon as she heard my apology, she switched again, just like a light bulb.

"Haha! I got you back!", she sneered, sticking her tongue out childishly.

Ugh, I give up with her.

"Fine, fine. You win.", I waved my hand to end this pointless game, but still felt a hint of frustration inside.

I wanted to win, I guess.

After exchanging dirty looks, I left for my seat.

"Wait, Juvia! We're going on out on Saturday, okay ?", she stopped me by grabbing my arm, prompting me to turn around.

Forgotten Tears [Fairy Tail Gruvia]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara