Chapter 14

It was finally the weekend.

But to your mother, it was always work as heroes didn't have a day off.

She was already on the Quinjet early in the morning after she got a call from his boss.

And you being the good daughter she had, you needed to be understanding about her work as she was one that the world needed.

But of course she knew how to manage her time after having you.

She wanted you to have the most normal childhood as you could, even though you rarely go out with her and expose yourself to the world.

After having countless kisses and hugs with Natasha and sending her off, you went to the kitchen and found your uncles having their breakfast.

Natasha already prepared the batter for the pancakes but you offered to cook it by yourself with the supervision by the adults around you, of course.

You poured it in the pan, flipped it twice before putting them on a plate as they were perfectly cooked.

Bucky was quite impressed by your skills even though you could be said as a spoiled child. He had been by your side since Natasha had asked him to look after you in the kitchen.

This was proven how Natasha was the best mother for you. It didn't matter how busy she was saving the world, she still could teach you about everything.

"Do you want some, uncle Buck?"

"It's okay doll. I have my cereal here." Bucky smiled as he grabbed the milk from the fridge. "Maybe Steve or Sam want some?"

You turned your gaze towards the two of them who obviously were munching on their omelettes.

"Well, I'm already full but I can't pass the best pancakes my princess made." Steve teased and your cheeks immediately blushed.

"It's mama's batter, uncle Steve. I just flipped it."

"Yeah, still-" He shrugged playfully.

You put some on a plate and gave it to him as he devoured it.

"The best pancakes I've eaten." He said with a mouthful.

"Of course it is." Sam teased.

"Good morning Avengers and non-Avengers."

Tony made his entrance with a wrapped cheeseburger on his hand.

You rolled your eyes at the greeting.

"Oh come on, sweetie, don't you want to give a morning hug to your favourite uncle here?"

"You called me a non-Avenger." You started with a huff.

"But it's true right?" He smirked.

"I hate you."

"Quite the opposite I believe." He said before having a bite of his food.

"Huh!"

You crossed your arms with a pout as they all let out a giggle.

"Then I believe that I am her favourite uncle." Steve smirked at Tony.

You grinned when you saw Tony narrowed his eyes at the blonde as they were still bickering about this since you were born.

"Did you guys watch the video that went viral last night? The swinging red guy in Queens. I think they call him spider something."

You suddenly asked to redirect the conversation to another topic.

"Yeah, I know about him. He's been swinging for a few months already. I have the idea of bringing him to the team as our new recruit. Been tracking him for a few weeks now."