"John told HR you locked me in the janitor's closet after I accidentally spilled some coffee on you." 

"Some? An entire cup isn't 'some' it's an entire cup," I retorted. 

"You can tell John that." 

I glanced at his desk. 

"Oh, he's at the HR department, never mind," he said. "He'll be back." 

Jade piped in, "Why is he at the HR department?" 

Aaron glanced at me. "He's reporting your boss." 

"Why?" Jade questioned. "For calling him out on his male chauvinism?" 

"For harassing him," Aaron said and then got back to work like nothing happened. 

"Jade, can I borrow you for a second?" someone from the door called out. 

"Yup!" She stood up and left. 

I moved my chair a little to the right, looking at Aaron's face which is usually, thankfully, hidden by my computer. My eyes narrowed. "Are you being serious about that HR thing?" 

He didn't stop typing as he answered. "If I used HR to threaten you, it would be a low blow. I wouldn't even call it a real win. Would you?" 

"Hmm, no. I'd call locking you in the janitor's closet a real win." 

"Huh well, I'd call spilling coffee on you a real win," he smirked, glancing at me. 

My eyes narrowed even further. "I'd call that a low blow." 

"Vanessa!" I looked at the door where Megan stood. She waved and then walked over. As she did, I glanced at Aaron who looked like he knew exactly what was about to go down. 

What if John really did report me to HR? 

"Hey, have you got a minute to chat?" Megan asked, smiling politely. 

"Um," I cleared my throat, shifting in my seat. "Sure, what about?" 

"Just some things happening in your department, what's going on?" She shrugged. 

"Is this about John?" I asked bluntly. 

She paused, blinking in confusion. 

"Because I swear I locked him," I pointed to Aaron, "in that janitor's closet for good reason. He spilled coffee on me, Megan." 

"Wasn't that an—" 

"Accident? I highly doubt it, it was awfully convenient for him." I shot him a glare. "And if you're believing John when he says I harassed him, then you should ask him what he does to me and my team every single day. If anything, that's—" 

"Vanessa." 

I took in a breath. "Yes?" 

She stared at me. "I just came to ask you how everything's going. That's it, really. I was going to go down to your favorite café for lunch, I thought you could join me. John, uh..." She shook her head softly. "He didn't report anything about harassment. And we all already know about the whole coffee and closet fiasco, it's okay," she chuckled.