32 - Battle of New York

Comenzar desde el principio

The lesson didn't last long as Finnic sprinted into the training room, breathing heavily as he panted. "Captain America and-and... give me a sec." Finnic muttered leaning over as he caught his breath holding a finger up to them.

Clint let out a chuckle at his mentee, already preparing the next weeks workout of running laps.

"They figured out where Loki is. You need to meet them on the Helicarrier. Starks already headed there." Finnic finally managed to get out.

Their eyes widened as they raced out of the training room. Harlow grabbed her shoes on the way out, still wearing the ballet shoes.

"Please be safe." Finnic called out to Harlow as she passed, worry lacing his voice.

"We'll keep her safe." Clint reassured, clapping Finnic in the shoulder as they ran pass him.

"Wait!" Harlow shouted as she looked down the opposite hallway. "I'll meet you on the Helicarrier, I've got to grab something."

Nat turned, looking hesitantly. With a sigh she murmured "Fine." Quickly continuing on with Clint.

Harlow sprinted as fast as she could to her room. She had to trust her gut on this, and even though she hadn't used them since her escape, she knew they would be useful.

Harlow was quick to grab the swords, keeping them in their protective material, which kept them for hurting others and getting ruined. Harlow ran as fast as she could to the jets, trying to find the one the group was occupying.

Nat sighed in relief when she saw the red hair of Harlow enter the jet. Natasha rushed to start the jet up and get over to the Stark Tower.

"Kid, Fury said you need to wear this." Clint stated as he threw over a weird hooded piece of material.

"A hood?" Harlow questioned as she held it up in front of her face.

"It attaches to your suit and acts as a way to keep you anonymity." Clint answered as he moved to his own seat at the controls of the jet, "I mean unless you want a big mask like Cap here." He added teasingly as he gestured over to the blue mask covering the super soldiers face.

Steve shook his head, his lips twitched up in amusement at the disgusted look Harlow flashed at the thought of being masked.

Harlow stood and with Steve's help attached the weighted hood. Oddly enough, it covered the majority of her face but she could see through it. She touched it with curiosity, wondering what the material was.

"What did you grab?" Nat asked from her pilot seat, glancing back for a split second.

Harlow looked back over to where she was sitting on the floor, the weapons resting beside it. She marched over and grabbed her back harness, securing it to her suit. She returned her arms and pulled out two long black katanas.

Harlow swung them gently through the air and twirled them into their holders in her back. "I'm best with swords." She murmured, tilting her head to look towards the group. She noticed their weird looks and couldn't help herself, "What?"

Clint shook his head slowly, his eyes focusing back onto the sky. "It's just a very unusual choice of weapon." He answered with a small grin.