Chapter 052

This sentence made all the relatives present feel creepy. Without looking back, Jared directly walked out of this dark little room.

He knew what Officer Blakely was capable of. There were no criminals who dared to lie and make trouble under his control. No matter how arrogant those criminals were before entering, they were as obedient as childish children not long after they entered. In the end, they were so obedient that they wanted to raise their hands and report everything to him.

Officer Blakely didn't use any illegal means, but he was able to achieve this effect.

Jared was very relieved to hand them over to him.

As soon as she walked out of the room, Anna rushed over and said, "President Cromwell, he's awake."

Jared's heart skipped a beat. He quickened his pace and took the elevator directly to the floor where Herman's ward was located.

He stood at the door and hesitated for a moment. Finally, he unlocked the door and walked in alone.

The ward very quite. Except for the sound of his leather shoes stepping on the wooden floor, there was only silence. The curtains were closed, and there was almost no light coming in. The ward was dark.

Jared sat down in front of Herman's bed.

Not long after he sat down, Herman, who was in the hospital bed, moved his body and opened his eyes.

After a long silence, Herman said softly in a hoarse voice, "This time..... thank you."

Jared only heard that his breathing was smooth and shallow, and his heart was slightly relieved. "No need."

"If you hadn't come here this time, I might have died there," Herman said with a self-deprecating laugh, "Uncle, they didn't do anything to you, did they?"

Jared opened his mouth but did not say anything. After a long time, he said in a deep voice, "I've already found someone to clean it up."

Herman suddenly turned his head. "What did you do to them?"

Jared frowned. "Do you still want to protect them after such a thing happened?!"

"What?" Herman snorted, and his eyes were full of resolute light. "I'm just afraid that you're not ruthless enough to give them a chance to breathe and escape."

"Don't worry," Jared said, "I've found the director of this place. He'll follow this case and won't let go of anyone. I've also sent Jerry to form an investigation team to collect all the things these people have done in the past years. I'm sure they won't be able to turn back for the rest of their lives."

Herman nodded and said, "I've sorted out the materials at the bottom of the case. Let me see."

"Why are you looking at this?"

"I'm afraid you've missed something." Herman snorted. "They've done a lot of evil things over the years. Apart from the things you know, there're some things that don't record at the bottom of the case, such as medical disturbance. I can add these to it, and you can also get your witnesses as records."

Jared Cromwell nodded.

"These people dare to do such a bold thing this time. I will never forgive them. nor will I give them any mercy," Herman said, gritting his teeth.

Jared held his hand and said, "Take good care of yourself and leave everything to me."

Herman nodded tiredly, tucked in the quilt, and closed his eyes.

Jared was still sitting where he was. He did not get up and leave. After a long silence, he finally said, "Let's be together again."

Herman suddenly opened his eyes and looked at Jared warily. "What did you say?"

Jared took a deep breath and repeated it seriously. "We'll be together again."

"No." Herman turned around. "We have broken up. I don't need to be with you anymore."

"No need?" Jared suddenly pulled Herman's body hard and stared at Herman with a pair of cold and angry eyes. He gnashed his teeth and said, "The child in your belly is the child of mine. Do you think it's unnecessary?"