Chapter 042

He sat down at the dinner table, surrounded by relatives.

Herman holding Muffin, casually ate a few mouthfuls, and then he lost his appetite.

His uncle and aunt were sitting opposite. Their son, a chubby guy, was staring at the cat in Herman's arms. After a long while he suddenly shouted, "Mom, I want to play with that cat."

The aunt knocked his head with chopsticks and cursed, "Why are you yelling so loud at the table? If you want to play, just grab it. Can't your Uncle Easton let you play with the cat?"

The little fat boy smiled happily and ran directly to Herman, reaching out to pull the tail of the cat.

Herman removed the little fat boy's hands immediately. "Don't touch it. It has a bad temper."

"My mother said that I can play with this cat. Give it to me quickly." The little fat boy said confidently.

"Your mother said?" Herman sneered. "This cat is mine. I'm in charge of it. If others say you can play with it, it's bullshit."

His aunt suddenly looked unpleasant on her face. "Herman, why can't you just let him play with the cat? He is still a child. He won't hurt it. You are already an adult. Shouldn't you tolerate him?"

Herman gave her a sidelong glance. "Aunt, you're almost fifty years old. I'm still much younger than you. Why don't you tolerate me?" Herman's aunt suddenly choked and secretly glared at Herman.

His uncle looked at his aunt and pointed to a strange girl sitting there. "Herman, this is the daughter of your third uncle. You've talked to each other before. Don't you remember?"

"No."

"You can get to know each other even if not knowing each other. After all, we are a family, right?" His uncle smiled, but there was shrewdness in his eyes.

Herman had been in the Cromwell Group for so long that he had seen all kinds of people.

He could easily see his uncle's intention.

Since he had quarreled with his aunt on the phone last time, and after Easton's father had passed away, these people should be very anxious. They were afraid that Herman would go far away and would not send them a penny.

They began to arrange a blind date even at the funeral, hoping he would then settle down in this small county.

Extremely sloppily.

"Uncle." Herman raised his head. Although there was a smile at the corner of his mouth, the smile did not reach up to his eyes. Instead, it was cold. "Don't waste time."

His uncle seemed to be shocked by Herman's rude tone, and then said in a gloomy tone, "Is this the attitude you have when you talk to elders?"

Herman rolled his chopsticks and said nothing.

After eating this meal, he would leave. He did not even want to be friends with these people, so he did not need to care about those hypocritical rituals.

His uncle seemed to be restraining his anger.

He moved his cheeks twice and finally stopped reprimanding Herman.

Instead, he secretly looked at his aunt and said to Herman, "The compensation from the government for your father..... "

Herman's eyes narrowed.

They indeed had a purpose.

His father did not die because of age, so the insurance company and the government office may give considerable compensation. When he came here, he thought that his uncle and his men might have some ideas on the compensation.

But he did not expect them to be so straightforward, bringing the topic to the dining table.

"Herman, listen to me." The aunt coughed twice and said, "We have taken care of your father a lot during this period of time. Besides, we are all relatives, and I don't covet money. Let's divided the compensation according to the number of people in our family. What do you think?"

Herman rolled his eyes at the dining table.

His aunt thought he was stupid. If they were to divide the compensation according to the number of people in the family, Herman was alone, but his aunt's family had more than a dozen people. Now even those distant relatives who were not worth mentioning were all waiting for the money to be distributed as well.

He put down his chopsticks and said, "Aunt, I have something to ask you before you divided the money."

"Go ahead."

"Previously, I sent you money every month. I roughly calculated that it was nearly 180,000 dollars." Herman's tone gradually became heavy. "Tell me, where did you spend it?"

His aunt fell silent.

Herman sneered and said, "Aunt, is the pearl necklace on your neck Bulgary? If I'm not mistaken, the price of it at the retail store is nearly 20,000 dollars."

His aunt stuffed the shining necklace back into her clothes in a panic.

"My father was so thin, that made me realize what he had been through before he died," Herman said seriously, "I gave you a lot of money, but you privately allocated it. Now you still want to take my father's compensation. You can't be so shameless, right?"

"Herman Easton, behave yourself!" His uncle finally got angry and smashed his chopsticks. "Your aunt and I are your seniors. What's shameless about that? To put it bluntly, it's reasonable for me to take the money away today. Don't blame me. This is filial piety and the rules!"