Chapter No. 22: Ape-Shiz

Start from the beginning

"It's not proper English," Liam stated.

"You're not proper English," Louis retorted.

"You're not very mature," Liam shot back. I then heard smacking but out of the corner of my eye I saw Zayn give them a pointed look and they shut up.

"Guys, I feel like we're intruding. Why don't we go to the Starbucks and Sofia can let us know when this is all over?" Harry suggested. I nodded at him. Louis and Liam agreed but Niall was the first one to bolt out the door. Harry stepped out after them. Before Zayn walked out, I grabbed his arm and kissed him on the cheek. He gave me a smile before leaving. Then I turned back to the mess that was my social life.

Ashna was standing there confused and starstruck so I led her over to the couch to sit down and handed her her coffee. I sat down next to her and looked over at Dec and Meagan.

"You thought we were having an affair?" Dec asked Meagan, the anger slowly leaving his words. Meagan's face was red from anger as she struggled with her hand cuffs.

"Well yeah!" she said, turning on Dec. "Every time she was around all you wanted to do was talk to her! I always felt like I had to compete with her to get your attention!" 

Dec stayed silent, unreadable emotions on his face.

"So it's true, isn't it!" she exclaimed, her own eyes starting to water.

"What? No, no! I never cheated on you when we were together!" Dec said, quick to defend his reputation along with Mona's. Meagan looked confused and helpless.

"Then why did you break up with me?" she asked. Dec looked down at her, sadness filling his eyes.

"Because I don't love you the way I used to," he said. The room went quiet after that. Meagan's anger was gone in a flash and in its place was a look of betrayal and hurt. Mona stood there, watching the scene, her hands balled at her sides. I glanced at Ashna besides me who had started hyperventilating. I patted her shoulder for comfort.

"W-why?" Meagan asked, after a minute. Dec sighed, running his hand nervously through his tossled blond hair. He looked at Mona who was staring straight at him. An understanding passed over his eyes and he sighed again.

"Because I'm in love with Mona." 

***

Sofia's POV

I sat up abruptly, shaking and crying. My face was hot and wet as I shivered. I buried my face in my hands, sobbing. It took me a few minutes but finally I slowly got out of bed, wiping away my stray tears. 

I pulled on a sweatshirt and went out of my room and into the kitchen. I turned on the kettle and started rubbing my arms to calm myself down. I sat down at my kitchen table. I ruffled my curls, still shaken up.

The kettle whistled so I grabbed a mug and poured the water in. Then I grabbed a tea pot. I wasn't sure why but I never like to put milk in my tea. I always used honey instead. Grabbing some of my golden honey, I poured it on a spoon then mixed it into the hot water. 

I picked up the mug and headed back to my room. I set the tea on my side table and took a seat on my bed. My eyes wandered to the phone sitting next to my tea. I grabbed it and dialled the number.

After a few rings, he answered, "Hello?" His voice was groggy so I was guessing he just woke up. I quickly looked at my clock to see it was three in the morning. Well that makes more sense . . .

"Zayn?" I asked. 

"What's wrong?" he asked, sounding a bit more awake. I sat criss-cross in my bed, pulling my duvet over my legs.