Ch. 6 Heading home

Devon woke with the sun shining right in his face. He covered his eyes, shielding them from the sunlight. He looked at his phone, 12 pm. "Damn. I never sleep this late." He looked over at Reyna, still fast asleep.

"Morning Devon!"  Devon fell out of the bed onto the floor. He looked up, Phaedra was sitting on the other side of the room. "Oh, are you ok??" She walked over and helped him to his feet. "Devon, why are you on the floor?" Reyna asked. The sound of the fall woke her up.

Devon got to his feet. "Cause Phaedra scared me, I'm fine and what are you doing here?" He asked her. "Oh, well I came to drop off Reyna's stuff and bring you some food but saw you were both still asleep. So I decided to stay and wait for you to wake up." She told them.

Devi and Reyna looked at each other. Reyna asked "how long have you been here?" "About 3 hours." Reyna's shot up. "You should have woke us up. We never sleep this late." She said checking the time. "Well you two looked so cute, I couldn't wake y'all up. Also with that goth kid here, I didn't want to leave y'all alone with him." She pointed to the corner of the room where Nico was fast asleep in a recliner.

"Guess he was to worried to stay away." Said Reyna. Devon smiled at her. "Yeah I guess." "Wait how do you two know him?" Asked Phaedra. "He's my adopted little brother. Nico Di Angelo. He worries about me really easily." Reyna told the older woman.

"Oh ok! Well I'll leave y'all be. See you two! Feel better dear." "Bye." We said in unison. Phaedra left and I laid back onto the bed with Reyna. "Morning." She said smiling. She looked a lot better then yesterday. "Morning. How are you feeling?" I asked stroking the hair out of her face. "Better. I wish we could leave though."

"So do I. So besides the whole Karen thing, what did you think of my family?" I asked changing the subject. "They were great. Your sisters are fun and I'm definitely asking them for more pictures." She laughed. "Rey darling, I love you but your killing me."

The next two days were uneventful. Devon decided to stay with Reyna in the hospital, even though Nico said he would stay so Devon could spend sometime with his family before going home. He didn't listen and stayed by her side to make sure she was ok. Even though she was fine.

Reyna's friends were calling her non making sure she was ok, along with Devons family. His family, for some reason, were apologizing for what happened. Even though it was there fault. They wanted to come see her but Reyna wasn't ready to talk to them. She was mad or anything, it wasn't there fault for what happened. But she still couldn't remember what happened. Except for hearing screams and the feeling of someone grabbing her.

Devon did explain what happened and that they were just trying to help, but part of Reyna's mind still didn't know if that was the case or if they meant to hurt her. Yes, she knew it sounded crazy but that the way it works for her. Jason accidentally set off one of her episodes once and she wouldn't look at him or anyone who tried to help her for a week. She couldn't remember and she didn't want to take that chance.

Even if she did, her dogs wouldn't let them near her. Only reason Phaedra got in the other day was because Nico was here and he gave them the ok. Devon was very understanding about it. He lied to his family and said Reyna was just not up for seeing people right now, he didn't want to tell then the truth that she was uncomfortable talking to them.

The couple spent the next two days just watching Christmas movies on Devons laptop, since it's not like that could do anything else with Reyna on psychiatric hold. And it was really hard for either of them to get any real sleep with nurses constantly watching them and or coming in every hour. So yeah, rough two days and kinda a failed trip. But not a complete loss. It started snowing the morning Reyna was discharged.

She and Devon went out to the park near the Atlanta Georgia Aquarium to have some fun in the snow before going back to the snowless California. You know the fun shit like snowball fight, building a snowman, snow angels. Surprisingly, this was Reyna's idea. Devon lived here for 18 years so he's used to snow. Reyna's only lived in tropical places or places that didn't get snow. So she's actually never seen snow in the 18 years she's been alive.

Devon was fine with it since he enjoyed seeing Reyna happy and he was procrastinating against driving 36 back to camp. And they still had to go back to his parents house to get Devons stuff. So they played in the snow for about an hour and a half, went and got hot chocolate, then headed back to Devons old place. Reyna stayed in the car with her dogs while Devon went in to grab his stuff. He quickly came back out with his family following him. They stood on the porch while Devon loaded his crap in the trunk of the car. He said goodbye to him family, Reyna just kinda waved from the car, and they started the 36hrs drive back to Camp Jupiter.