seven

downtown brooklyn
endya melian white

"yes girl, i can't go nowhere else because i be expecting it to come out exactly how you do it and be pissed when it don't. plus you're so versatile, you do everything."

i laughed listening to my client talk to me. i was trying my hardest to be upbeat with her but i'm starving and she's my last client before lunch.

as i was dipping her braids, i heard a ding from the sensor on the door signaling someone came in.

kasani walked toward my station with a five guys bag and two drinks.

"wassup endy," he gave me a side hug so he wouldn't interrupt my work before glancing at the mirror to look at himself.

when he saw my client, he made a weird face before looking back at me.

"imma take this to the break room," he sent a fake smile my way before going to the back.

he obviously knew her. any other time, he would greet the client to be polite.

if i find out this the weird bitch, imma pour this boiling water on her. imma wait for her to speak tho. my clients always gossiping so i know she gone talk.

i never really say anything when they gossip. just things to keep their attention but not enough for me to be included in drama.

"that's your boyfriend?" she asked.

i shook my head no lightly, "nah what's tea?"

imma always find a way to get the info out and she wouldn't tell me everything if she found out we were talking or together. we're not but still.

"nothing girl, he cool peoples but he mean as hell, i could never be in a relationship with him."

i nodded in agreement with the fact that he's mean. he's not really mean tho, he's just nonchalant and slightly introverted and be wanting to be babied but she ain't gotta know allat.

"don't fuck him tho." she warned.

"why? he got sum?" i put the mousse on her head and wrapped it with some strips before blow drying the mousse.

i wanted to continue the conversation so i didn't put her under the dryer.

"oh bitch. he got sum alright. something that'll have you going crazy." she laughed.

okay so she not the weird bitch, she the one he was fucking on after the weird bitch.

"he had me wanting to watch his every move, but i got over him when my nigga came along."

i nodded, keeping all comments to myself. i didn't have to worry about her so i'm not gone block her from booking. ion got time for weird hoes starting shit at my  shop.

i took the strips off of her head before throwing them away. grabbing the gel and edge brush, i fixed her edges exactly how she wanted them before sending her off.

"your receipt is at the front, you know the drill by now. see you soon boo." i waved at her before going to the back to meet kasani in the break room.