Cookie Butter (Christmas in Quarantine)

The tree lot is in full swing, to where even the gift shop has a line going all the way from the register to out the door, and it's all Crowley can do to ring up everyone's purchases quickly and efficiently, without too much snark, lest someone snarks right back, something he absolutely can't tolerate, not with the place as busy as it is.

But perhaps Someone sensed he could use some help, because while he's ringing up another customer's purchase, Aziraphale walks in, not even bothering to get in line as he walks past the customers carrying a plate of freshly baked biscuits wrapped in plastic.

Once the demon has a moment to look up, he spots the angel right away, and offers a wave, only to have someone complain,

"Oy, we're not getting any younger here!"

And Crowley has to say quickly, "Right, of course you're not...", then move back to the register.

Aziraphale, upon seeing this, approaches the customer that spoke, pulling off the plastic and holding out the plate,

"Can I tempt you to try some of my Scottish shortbread while you wait, sir?"

At the word "tempt", the demon just has to look up, not daring to give himself away by laughing, as Aziraphale ignores him in favor of adding,

"I've got traditional, double chocolate chip, fragrant orange, and green tea. "

Crowley knows he shouldn't be surprised by this, considering he's the only one in the shop that knows Aziraphale's an angel, but it's still a sight to behold as the man takes one of the double chocolate biscuits, and taking a bite into it as Azira...

Crowley knows he shouldn't be surprised by this, considering he's the only one in the shop that knows Aziraphale's an angel, but it's still a sight to behold as the man takes one of the double chocolate biscuits, and taking a bite into it as Aziraphale moves onto the next customers behind him.

"How about you, my dear? Biscuit?"

Truthfully, Crowley doesn't have the heart to be more mad about it than he probably should be. In fact, as he watches Aziraphale keep offering shortbread, he can't resist letting a smile slip out as he finishes helping the rest of the shoppers.

A little while later, the same man that took the first biscuit ends up being the last one to leave, because Aziraphale keeps letting him have more leftover biscuits as he and Crowlwy walk him out.

"Please, I insist. Just one last one. I promise. You won't regret it."

And the angel's so nice about it, the man ends up doing exactly that, and surprises both supernatural beings by asking,

"You wouldn't by chance be selling these anywhere I could purchase them for my kids, would you?"

The angel says quickly, "I'm sorry, but no.", trying to not let on how much that threw him.

The man shrugs, "Oh well. Thanks for the free samples.", then walks away, waving, "And thanks for the help."

Crowley waves at his retreating back, then turns back to Aziraphale, explaining,