Great expectations

"So mom, there's a party tonight at Andrew Andler's" Haley said walking into the kitchen. "And everybody's gonna be there" she continued.

"Ooh, that so much fun! But I have other plans" Claire answered sarcasticly.

"Oh, that's hi-larious." Haley answered. "But I'm talking about me" She continued, pointing at herself.

Jackie scoffed. She actually had other plans as well. Her and her friends were supposed to go to this party that was hosted by Sebastian from science. But Jackie was smarter then to tell her mom about it. She would go to 'Jay's night' without complaints. Then, when the western movie starts, she would ask her grandfather nicely if she could go with her friends.

"That's unusual" Alex replied without taking her eyes off her book.

"Honey, you said you'd go to your grandfather's tonight" Claire reminded Haley.

"See that's what's so perfect about this. Andrew only lives like, a couple blocks away from grandpa's. So I figured I could go-" Haley rambled before getting cut off.

"Sweetie you made a commitment" Claire told Haley.

"But I really want to go!" Haley argued.

"Ahh! What an argument" Jackie muttered to Alex. Alex just scoffed in reply.

"Plus, every time I go over to grandpa's Manny just stares at me the whole time" Haley continued.

"Maybe if you wore a bra-" Alex began before her older sister slapped her on the shoulder.

"He has actually done that to me too. It's actually quite scary" Jackie admitted, giving her youngest sister a sharp look telling her not to continue.

"What? I'm just telling her she should wear a bra-" Alex said in defense.

"Alex..." Claire warned.

"What? I can't wait to go to grandpa's! Family means everything to me." She told Claire, giving Haley a look.

"Cause you have no friends" Haley stated, taking a bite of her breakfast.

"No, because I love grandpa. And he's getting older" Alex started. "Who knows how many years he has left?"

Luke looked up from his game with a worried look on his face.
"Is grandpa dying?" He asked in a worried tone.

"Didn't they tell you?" Alex asked in fake shock.

"Alex stop torturing your brother" Claire told her youngest daughter. "No. Your grandfather is fine." Claire said trying to assure Luke.

"For now" Alex whispered to Luke, this received an eye roll from her oldest sister.

Phil walked into the kitchen picking up a few chips.

"Oh, wait, mom, dad, Happy anniversary!" Jackie exclaimed, standing up to hug them both.

"Thank you sweetie" Claire smiled, kissing her oldest daughter on the top of her head.

"Happy anniversary mom and dad!" The other three siblings said in harmony.

*

"Hello my little stinkers" Jay greeted his grandchildren.

"Hi!" Jackie smiled.

"Come on in" Jay said, motioning his grandchildren to come inside.

"Well, hello there Haley, Jackie" Manny smiled, trying to flirt with the two older girls.

"Take it down a notch Jethro" Jay warned Manny.

"Manny, we're way to old for you, and we're practically related" Jackie said patting him on the head.