Pilot

"Good morning mom, nice skirt Haley, can I borrow it sometime?" Jackie said walking in to the kitchen grabbing her strawberry smoothie that was just waiting for her on the kitchen island.

Jackie was a 17 year old girl living in the suburban parts of LA. She had a perfectly normal family, or as normal as an un-normal family can be.

"No not nice skirt Haley, it's too short" her mother Claire argued. Claire Dunphy was a stay at home mom with 5 kids. Her oldest daughter Jackie, her middle children Haley and Alex, her youngest son Luke and her husband, Phil Dunphy.

"It matches her outfit I don't see any problem" Jackie argued back against her mother. She hated that she did it but she always had the urge needing to argue back. She loved her mom but she also loved winning and arguments could be really fun when you won.

"Phil do you have anything too say to your daughter about her skirt" Claire tried to get backed up by her husband.

"Oh yeah it looks really cute sweetheart" said an oblivious Phil.

"Thanks" Haley smiled.

"No it's way to short, people know your a girl you dont have to prove it to them" Claire continued her argument.

"Luke got his head stuck in the banister again" the youngest Dunphy sister said as she entered the kitchen.

"Again?" Jackie exclaimed.

"I got it! Where's the baby oil?" Phil asked.

"It's on the bedside tab-" Claire paused. "I don't know find it"

Jackie gave her mother a look of disgust. "Well... I'm going shopping, Rubes is picking me up any minute now." She said while finishing up her smoothie.

"Well sweetie have fun but don't be late home, we are going to Mitch and Cams place tonight." Her mother answered.

"Yeah, yeah" Jackie said as she left the room.

"Great job buddy" she patted her brothers head as she walked by him. "Did you really think it would work this time?"

"Yeah..." Luke answered.

"Better luck next time" She smiled.

Jackie's phone started buzzing. "That must be her, got to go bye Luke, have fun... with that, bye" she said while pointing at the stairs as her dad came running down with the baby oil.

She shook her head as she walked out the door. The white car that she had been in so many times stood parked outside her drive way.

In the car sat one of her bestfriends. Ruby Rose Greene. They had been friends since first day of primary school.

"Get in loser, we're going shopping" Ruby said while rolling down the window.

"Yes calm down, I'm coming" Jackie answered as she entered the car.

*

"Okay soooo- how is it going with you and Carlos." Jackie asked her friend as they came out from the Hollister shop. "1 month huh"

"He cheated on me!" Ruby almost yelled.

"What!?" Jackie exclaimed.

"Yeah that bitch cheated on me with some stupid junior named Brenda" Ruby explained.

Ruby didn't get sad when she broke up because she thought it was a waste of time but she always got mad.

She had only cried over a boy once. That was last year. The first time she had actually fell in love with somebody and he just stepped on her heart till it crumbled.