Eevee - I Choose You!

Start from the beginning

After some walking, Ari grew tired of hauling Eevee around. She placed her partner on the ground. Eevee yawned and started investigating some nearby flora.
"Eevee, I can't carry you everywhere," Ari sighed. "You have to pull your own weight. You could make things a lot easier and get inside your Poké Ball, like a normal Pokémon. Right, Pokédex?"
While being trained, a Pokémon usually stays inside its Poké Ball, explained Ari's new Pokédex. However, there are many exceptions. Some Pokémon hate being confined.
Eevee abruptly jumped up, climbed onto Ari's head, and cuddled against Ari's hat, clearly content.

Ari heard a rustling behind her, turning around to see a small, avian Pokémon pecking at the ground.
"A Pidgey!" Ari exclaimed, consulting her Pokédex. Pidgey, the Tiny Bird Pokémon. A Normal- and Flying-type. Among all the Flying-type Pokémon, it is one of the gentlest and easiest to catch. A perfect target for the beginning Pokémon Trainer to test their skills.
"Pidgey, you're mine!" Ari called, lobbing a Poké Ball. Pidgey was sucked into the capsule, which rocked back and forth twice before the Pidgey unexpectedly broke out.
To capture a Pokémon, you usually have your own Pokémon weaken it in a Battle, the Pokédex chimed in.
Ari placed Eevee on the ground. According to the Pokédex, her Eevee could use Tackle and Tail Whip.
"Eevee, Tackle!" Ari commanded.
Eevee jumped up, but proceeded to chase her own tail, appearing to not have noticed Pidgey.
Ari plucked Eevee from the ground. Eevee squirmed, clearly full of energy to spend.
"Eevee, please!" Ari couldn't help but grow frustrated. "This is supposed to be the greatest day ever! And I'm stuck with a Pokémon who won't even listen after I saved her life!"
Eevee's blank stare made Ari realise Oak had been right - Eevee really didn't remember what Ari had done for her.

The Pidgey flew away. Initially, Ari thought she had scared it with her outburst. Then, another, more aggresive Pokémon landed nearby, evidently what had actually frightened Pidgey. Ari recognised it as a Spearow.
Unlike Pidgey, Spearow has a terrible attitude, stated the Pokédex. It is very wild and will sometimes attack other Pokémon and humans.
Unprovoked, Spearow charged Eevee down, and pelted her with a relentless Fury Attack. Eevee squealed everytime Spearow's beak or talons connected.
"Knock it off!" Ari grabbed a nearby stone and threw it at Spearow. Hit hard on the head, Spearow let out a determined screech before retreating.
"I get the feeling it just called for backup!" Ari cried. Eevee was badly hurt, unable to hold her own weight. Ari picked Eevee up and ran away as fast as she could.

Ari was so concerned for her injured Eevee that she tripped and tumbled into a nearby river.
Luckliy for Ari, something soon hooked on her blouse.
"Oh! I got a bite. I really think this could be a big one!" Celebrated a girl. Ari found herself heaved onto the shore by a fishing rod.
"It's just a kid. Oh, and a Pokémon. Are you ok?" The speaker was a tomboyish girl in casual clothing, her ginger hair in a messy ponytail.
"Yeah, I'm ok," breathed Ari.
"Not you! What have you done to that poor thing!" The girl scolded, checking Eevee's pulse.
"This isn't my fault!" Ari protested.
The girl ignored her. "It needs a doctor right away. There's a Pokémon Center in Viridian City, that way." The girl pointed.
"Thank you, er-"
"Misty," the girl introduced.
Ari heard many wings flapping behind her. "They're coming back!" Her eyes landed on a nearby bike. Ari jumped on.
Misty turned red. "Hey, what are you doing?"
"Borrowing this!" Ari called, already peddling away with Eevee.
"Hey, that's my bike!"
"I'll give it back someday!"

A thick downpoor started. Ari had a hard task controlling the bike.
"We're almost there, Eevee. Just hang on."
"Ee...vee," moaned Eevee.
The Spearow flock caught up. The bike span out of control. Ari tumbled across the ground as Eevee flew out of the basket, the bike smashing against a large rock.
"Eevee!" Ari yelled, lunging to cushion Eevee's hard fall. More Spearow than Ari could count were poised to attack. "Eevee, I know you're not comfortable inside your Poké Ball, but you'll be safe in there. Please."
Eevee trembled. Ari stood to full height, guarding Eevee, and regarded the Spearow with utmost fury. "Do you know who I am? I'm Ari! I'm going to be a Pokémon Master, whether you like it or not! You hear me?"
As the Spearow dived, Ari closed her eyes.
Something soft brushed against her legs. Ari's Eevee stepped in front of her, leapt up high, and swung her tail. Many small, golden stars shot fowards, colliding with the Spearow, scaring the flock away.
Ari recognised the Move, having seen her mama's Fearow use it when she was younger - Swift. Eevee had learnt it to protect Ari.
Ari placed Eevee down, then collapsed herself, utterly exhausted.
"I guess we're even," Ari told Eevee. Eevee fondly licked Ari's cheek.

Something caught Ari's eye. High in the sky above, as the clouds cleared, a silver Pokémon flew overhead, glowing against the last of the rain. Ari could make out a wide, blue belly and powerful wings, but the Pokémon was completely unfamiliar. Eevee saw it, too; her eyes sparkled at the sight. Ari had no clue what it was.
The incredible Pokémon had flown away before she picked up her Pokédex.
Ari had made an amazing memory with Eevee - she knew it was far from the last. Ari regarded her partner; Eevee returned her smile. Ari was filled with renewed hope that Eevee would remember the night they met.
That would have to wait until after Eevee was healed. Ari needed to reach that Pokémon Center.