What anger?

"I'm sorry darling, I didn't mean to make a scene, I'm just a bit.....possessive." At my confused look, he lets out a chuckle, his chest rumbling as he does.

"You have no idea, do you?" He asks, tracing the shape of my face with his fingers. I blinked.

"Let me make it up to you, go somewhere with me?" He asked biting his lip as if unsure of himself.

"You want me to skip?" I asked incredulously. He nodded.

"Erm, well......okay. Where are we going?" He smirked.

"That's that's for me to know, and you to find out." He replied bopping my nose. I giggled. I seem to be doing that a lot lately, this guy is turning me sappy.

Allowing him to take my hand, I follow him out of the school, thinking about my conversation with Nicky last week.....

"So girl, what's up?"

"I'm cool you?" I ask.

"I'm great girl." Nicky replied, picking a dress out of the rack.

We had wandered away from the part of the mall with groceries to a dress shop. Honestly, I don't even remember how we got here.

"This would look really cute on you." She said, holding up a red, off-shoulder, satin dress. It was a mermaid tail style with sparkles along the whole chest area. It had a slit that reached up to the knees, and ruffled flowy sleeves along with an extra-long train.

In other words, it looked like a million bucks.

"It's gorgeous." I said sincerely.

"Great, it's yours." She said dragging me off.

"Wait? What?!" I stuttered.

"You're getting this dress."

"No way. It's probably, no, definitely expensive."

"I'll buy it."

"I can't let you do that." I said as we came to a stop outside the changing rooms.

"This topic is not up for discussion, I want to do this for you Skylar, as a friend, besides I'd be absolutely batshit not to get it for you, you've got an amazing figure." She said with a hand on my shoulder.

I raise my eyebrows, giving her a flat stare. "I have no boobs." I stated dryly. "You have in abundance."

She laughed, making me chuckle a little too.

"That's not a problem, besides that ass is to die for."

"What really?" I asked turning around to get a better look. She laughed at my goofiness.

"For real, your ass is amazing and your hips are gorgeous and you being an A or B cup doesn't matter you look amazing regardless."

"How the hell did you see all of that?"

"I'm in the fashion industry, I know my looks." She said flipping her hair over her shoulder. I laughed along with her.

"Okay, I'll try it on." I said taking the dress and heading into the changing room.

I slipped into the dress and turned around to face the mirror. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. They dress hugged me perfectly, showing off my hips and hugging my chest, making my flat chest look fuller.

Pulling back the curtain and stepping out I hesitantly called out to Nicky.

"Oh.My.God! Girl you're getting that dress, there is no way around it." She said squealing. "Zayde is going to blow when he sees this, he won't be able to resist you."

At this statement I start choking on air.

"What?!" I asked incredulously.

"He will love this." She stated ignoring my question.

"You you really think so." I asked nervously, wringing my fingers.

"For sure. You like him don't you?" I stammer, unable to form a proper sentence.

"N-No." I finally say.

Lies.

"You're Lying."

Busted.

"I can see it in your eyes girl." She said, hands on her hips. I breathe out a sigh.

I did like Zayde.

"I do like him." I mumbled sadly. "But he's never going to go for me."

"What makes you think that?"

"We're not exactly in the same league Nicky, I'm not his type, I'm too plain."

"Now you're just degrading yourself, any guy would be lucky to have you, even Zayde." She said.

"You really think so?"

"Sure, plus, I've been with Zayde, I haven't seen him look at anyone like he looks at you, he's got that light in his eyes, a light that has been missing for so long." I couldn't even pretend to ignore the euphoric feeling that gave me.

"So, what am I going to do about it?" Nicky shrugged.

"Whatever you want.".......

It was that day that I came to the startling realisation that I liked him.

I like Zayde Archer.

I'm so screwed.

And even now as he drags me along, butterflies explode in a rush of happiness in my stomach, tingles fly down my spine, my arms and everywhere I realise that I wouldn't mind where we go as long as he's there.