NEVER TOGETHER-039

MADDOX
JAMES

I was in the wrong. It was sinful to stay by Bonnie's side after we got back from Berlin. I shouldn't have cared in any way, she was supposed to go on her own way and I was supposed to go on mine.

But I had to stir shit up by following her and not being able to leave her. It was like I got used to her beside me. I hated those mixed feelings, it was like my body was disagreeing with my mind. I didn't even have a heart in the discussion.

It was a battle between my head and my body, my body has that attraction for her and my mind tried to bring me back to my bad boy coping defence.

So when Bonnie started to argue with the receptionist, I stayed back to hold her from killing the woman behind the desk.

"No-I-that can't be, that can't be," Bonnie punched the desk as the woman stood up from fear that she might kill her, "check again right now." Bonnie screamed as the security tried to kick her out but I didn't let that happen.

It was my way of getting even with Bonnie for saving my ass back in Berlin. I told them off and defended her.

"Look, lady, there is something wrong with your system," I mentioned carefully in front of the guards who were ready to attack if Bonnie screamed again.

"I typed it in many times," she showed me her computer and sure enough, Olivia Alvarez was deceased. Her death report was written before two hours before due to a heart attack that took her life.

"Bonnie," I held her face as her eyes met mine, "your mom is dead," I convinced her and she knew she could trust me.

"No, Maddox, no," she cried out and whimpered, "please, I have to see her, it was my plan," that part got me confused as to what kind of plan she was having in her head.

"What plan?" I asked her.

"I want to visit her and kill myself," she whispered as she broke down in tears over her mother, I held her up with my arms as she cried over my shoulder, her arms around my neck, I placed my arms on her back as her legs wrapped around my back.

Her plan made me feel...wary? I didn't know how to describe but the thought of Bonnie dead railed me up a lot and I didn't like it one bit.

"Let's get out of here," I whispered into her ear as she nodded as she buried her head on my neck, her breath hitching onto my skin as I walked out of the care center.

"She wasn't supposed to be dead," she stated tearfully, "she missed me and she died and I didn't get the chance to see her all because of my fucked up dad," her feelings heightened as she blamed her dad.

"We will get through this, Bonnie," she lifted her head from my neck, her lips an inch away from mine with her red-rimmed eyes, I hated watching her weak. As fun as it was before to see her in pain, I didn't feel like it was fun anymore and that thought scared me but I couldn't help but feel that way around her.

It was like she was my gravity, the only thing holding me up on the ground.

"Can you help me kill myself?" She asked me and I stared into her eyes, "I don't want to live," she said it in such conviction that made me certain that she wanted this more than her life.

"On one condition," I murmured, "I get to kill myself too," I stated and she shook her head as more tears rushed down.

"No, I can't have you killed too," she rejected frantically at the thought validating that she really cared for me. Something I didn't feel any person did towards me.

"Then what would I do without my monster?" I whispered against her lips as I pecked her.

"You'll be okay, Maddox, you still have plans," she muttered as her eyelashes fluttered and her arms tightened around my neck, the way she thought made me all the more agitated.

"I don't have plans, damn it, I lost all the people I had and there are no gangs, there is no fun and I'd be stuck with empty people all around me, I don't want that life so count me in," I told her when I leaned her back on the left-sided wall of the care center and my arms held her thighs from behind.

"No, Maddox, please don't say you have feelings for me," she shook her head as she cried, "don't fall for me, I am nothing and we will never be together, don't ruin my plan," she searched into my eyes and I knew what I had to do for the first time in my life.

I wanted to ruin her plan. I really did so I destroyed what my mind wanted.

"I do have fucking feelings for you," I confessed roughly, "I don't want to but I clearly do, you got me into your fucking trap and guess what? it's addictive and whatever strength I had was gone, I don't know what the fuck you do to me but I know that I am tired of fighting this," I let it all out of my system finally as I felt a newly found relief.

It was like I didn't want a life without her and it wasn't like me to ever confess. I wanted to destroy her in the beginning, I liked the thrill of turning her into a monster, she was just a prey in my eyes yet here she was in my arms not leaving me like other people did and not giving up on me.

Ugh, I will never get used to being a sappy shit. I thought as I waited for her to answer.

"Maddox, did you just admit that-" she wasn't able to finish when I smashed my lips into her plump ones.

I was officially, fuckingly done for.