23: empty room

"It's beating again!"

"Her heart is beating again!"

"It's coming back."

Sunoo widened his eyes and let out a big relief when Chaewol was safe. The doctor hugged each other as they were so happy to save her from dying. Sunoo couldn't help but cry in happiness. Taeyoung and Saebyeol were surprised too and got so emotional to see Sunoo. They immediately hugged him and comforted him, sharing the happiness.

"Thank you."

"Thank you for coming back to me."

He stared at Chaewol and smiled.

~~

Day 11

~~

After school has ended, Sunoo went straight to the hospital by taking a taxi. He couldn't wait to meet Chaewol today. He was so excited as he was hoping for the girl to wake up and smile when her eyes meet his later.

He wants to give the girl and warm hug.

He wants to pat her head, brush her hair, and stroke her cheeks.

He wants to take this chance,

to make her feel special and do everything she wants to.

As soon as the taxi stopped him nearby, he quickly got off and went into the hospital.
He walked through the hallway with excitement and stopped on his way when Saebyeol was there, standing at the balcony while enjoying the scenery.

She smiled when her eyes met him.

He smiled too,

"Sunoo, you are here." She said softly and approached him.

"Saebyeol---"

"It's okay, Sunoo. Don't continue your words."
She chuckled, "I know the reason you are here."

Sunoo lowered his head,
"I'm sorry."

Saebyeol laughed and patted his shoulder,
"Sunoo, it's okay."

"You don't need to be sorry."

"I love you and I do."

"But Sunoo, we are not meant to be together."

"I could see that."