"Ace, I know that it's hard to believe but he was sick," I placed a hand softly onto her shoulder.

"I should've been there. This is my fault," she choked out.

"No one could've prevented what he did."

She turned to me with wide, teary eyes, "W-what he did? What did he do?" 

"We can talk about that another time when everyone's ready. Do you want to come with me to my place or I'll go with you to yours?"

"No," she snapped, pushing my hand off of her shoulder. "I mean I have to go." Without another word she sped-walked toward her car.

I knew this was a bad idea.

I ran after her and continuously called her name but she didn't respond to me in any way. She just kept repeating that this was all her fault along with a string of curses. Once I reached her at her car, she opened the door and slammed it shut. I began to bang on the window as she started the car. She placed her sunglasses over her eyes as another tear escaped.

"Ace, please open up! We can just sit together for a while but you shouldn't be alone right now. Ace, listen to me!" 

Without even a glance my way, she sped off. The tires cried as she made a sharp turn out of the parking lot and onto the road.

"This is why I didn't want to tell you," I mumbled as I walked back to my car.

Dammit! I just want to go home and sleep.

I dragged myself the rest of the way to my car and hopped into the driver's seat. Once my car started and was on the road, Ace's car was nowhere in sight. I began driving to her apartment to see if she was there. 

If she's there, I'll knock until she answers. If not, well, I honestly don't know where else she'll be. I just need to make sure that she's safe. 

As I neared her apartment, I noticed that her car wasn't parked in its usual spot nor anywhere in the area. Goddammit.

I drove back to my place as I called and told Meek everything that just happened.

"I'm pretty sure she's fine, V. There's no need to worry," he explained 

"But what if she was so shocked about the news and isn't thinking straight?" I asked as I left my car and walked to my apartment.

"It's Ace. When does she ever think things through?"

"Gee, thanks. So comforting," I said sarcastically as I walked up the stairs.

He chuckled, "Sorry but it's true! She's an impulsive person but that doesn't mean she'll go out and get herself hurt. The most she does worry about is her own safety."

"I hope you're right. I'll head back to her place to check on her again in the morning."

"Or maybe just call her? Don't force her to be near you. You are the one who told her the news so you might make her feel worse. When she's ready, she'll approach you. Maybe call Becca and tell her to talk to her, they work on the same floor."

I took the keys out of my purse and put them into the lock. "Yeah, okay. I just got into my apartment so I'll let you go." 

"Alright, relax and get some rest. Bye!"

"Bye! Call me if you need anything." 

With that, we hung up the phone as I pushed open the door and went straight into my room to throw myself on the bed. My eyes wandered around the room before I finally let them close. I laid there for what seemed to be a few minutes before I got up to shower.