Chapter 92: Clove

"We need to talk" I say calmly as we walk downstairs for breakfast. Cato smiles and sits at the table as I start to make breakfast. We need to go shopping because we're running low on food. I smile at him awkwardly as I start to make us some eggs and bacon "Are we supposed to get jobs? Or do our Victor wins carry on after the revolt?" I ask seriously as I start to flip bacon.

"I don't know" he says unsure. I pass him a plate and he gazes down at it almost carefully. I smile and sit across from him and start eating. "We could find Wilma and ask her, she'd know. Not being rude, but why does it matter?" he asks and takes a bite of bacon slowly.

I look up from my plate carefully. Should I tell him? He might get mad. I tried to use that excuse with my Patrons and they beat me for lying. I was just trying to get a 'break'. I sigh and think over how I should word this. "I wanted to plan. We're getting low on food and I was considering the possibility of having children later in life" I say quietly, not daring to look up at him.

"Clove" he says slowly "We don't need to worry about kids yet" he says quietly "Do we?" he asks and I laugh lightly. 'Of course not!' I think to myself and I get up to collect our plates. He smiles, what looks to be gratefully and I sigh. 'I'm guessing he doesn't want kids' I think to myself disappointed. I hear him get up and almost instantly he's holding my hips from behind. I look up at him awkwardly, I need to bend over but he will be 'aroused', I know Cato well enough. I take the risk and do it, placing the dishes in the washer. I feel Cato tenses and his member gets harder, what have I done?

"Clove" Cato says with a jokingly grave tone "Why would you do that?" he asks smirking and I smile as innocently as I can. He looks at me genuinely confused and obviously aroused.

"So?" I ask as I slowly turn to face him, even if we're practically glued by the waist. "I'm guessing you don't want kids?" I ask and immediately look down. It was awkward enough when I rubbed against him but it seems like I'm trying to hint to something. He shrugs but stops, probably to think it over.

"The real question is, do you want kids?" he asks and pulls me close. I nod shyly and he smiles "Another question. Do you think I'm actually ready to take care of kids?" he asks and I shrug.

"You'd be very protective and loving" I say with the cutest face I can muster. He rolls his eyes and pulls me away, just to look me up and down.

"Do you think you could even hold a baby?" he says looking down at me, causing me to sigh sadly. I'm probably too small to carry his kids, especially since he's twice my size and weight. "We could always try" he says smirking and starts to laugh "I just don't want you to get hurt" he says and I can tell that he really cares.

"I've got this" I say as fiercely as I can. He rolls his eyes and we walk to the living room. "You want to watch tv?" I ask quietly, not exactly 'in the mood' right now. He shrugs and we sit on the soft leather couch and the tv turns on automatically. I sit in his lap and feel him curl around me. His breath is warm but at the same time cooling. I hold his arms closer to me and we watch some of the new-Capitol news. The new Capitol is the same place, just different people in power.

They're trying to get a new system into power. They want a 4 branch system to govern Panem. I will always miss the Games, being the Career that I am but they're still making changes to everything.

"They're trying to make the next generation's life more comfortable and normal" Cato says quietly. I nod and feel his hand slip to my thighs. I tense for a split second and manage to calm down. 'He's not like other men' I say to myself and I feel him tense after I do.

"Clove, you have to be more comfortable with this" he says as if he's disappointed but I can feel a light laugh escape his mouth. I sigh lightly and his hands travel up a little more, as if taunting me.

"I'm trying" I say quietly, holding in my tears. What does he expect? I can't just forget my fears that easily. I've been getting better but I'm not back to "normal". He holds me tightly and pulls me back, so I'm next to him.

"Are you okay?" he asks carefully, as he turns to meet my eyes. I shrug and pull the tears that were threatening to erupt back in. I hug him and lean my head onto his chest. 

"So I need a defined answer" I say suddenly, without really thinking. I turn my head up and smile awkwardly to him. "Are we going to try for a baby or no? I want to know if I should stay on a steady pill cycle" I say awkwardly. He looks uncertain, his mouth forming a hard line, one I rarely see unless he's really confused or angry.

"Yes" he says simply and I smirk. He looks at me almost confused and I shrug. This could be fun, or it might traumatize me forever, so I have to be careful how we play this.

"What do you want to do? Do you want to go on a run? Maybe go out to eat?" I ask even though I'm not very hungry, I want to run. He looks as if he understands and nods. I dash upstairs and slip on some shorts and a tank-top. I scream down at Cato and ask him where my shoes are. I walk down slowly, in only socks and see him with my black sneakers, smirking at me. I walk up to him and he lifts the shoes to a height I would never be able to reach.

"I want a kiss" he says testily. I shrug and reach up to kiss him, might as well. He releases my shoes and I catch them before they fall to the ground. I slide them over my small feet and we head outside to start our hopefully long run.

"Let's go" I say trying to hurry him. We start our run down the street, going the way as if we're going to training. We run for what feels like only minutes until we see the Career Center. It's staying open, hopefully forever, but they've taken out the whole 'training for the Hunger Games'.

I glance back at Cato and he's sweating uncontrollably and he looks spent. I smile encouragingly and he manages to roll his eyes. We slow down and I lead his sweaty self to the bench for him to cool down.

When we get back, Cato immediately goes to take a shower. I realize that he's naked right now and I yell at myself, in my mind of course. I walk upstairs and he walks out, naked, and I look away quickly. I feel him come closer and pray that he has pants. Luckily he has boxers, which are a start as he smirks down at me.

"I know what you're going to say" I say quietly "And yes. I do like what I see" his smirk widens and he laughs lightly. He kisses my head and I slip out of my shirt and my shorts, leaving me only in underwear. I run quickly and jump into bed, hiding under the covers quickly. Cato saunters over to me and slips in with me.

"Good night" he says rolling over slowly. I sigh and roll over onto him. He smirks up at me and I laugh. "Did you have other plans?" he asks and I nod shyly, not wanting to admit it.

He lifts me onto him and smiles. His hands travel over my body and I smile, holding in any sign of nervousness. I shouldn't be nervous, I've done this before. But I also should be nervous, I've been forced into this before.