My mouth opens . But then I realise,  I dont know what I wanted to tell him .

"Hello?" He says a bit louder.

"Hey." I say. My voice slurred.

"Gem? Is that you?" He asks . His voice sounds a bit distracted..

"Its me Al . Why havent you called me all this time?" I ask him . The line goes quiet for a while . Then he speaks again.

"I, um... I've been really... occupied." He stutters.

"Oh. How are you?" I ask him . My voice going softer.

"I'm good how are you?" He asks back.

"I'm go-" I start but he cuts me off.

"Sorry Gem, I have to go. Stay safe." He says .

"Wait... what do y-. He hung up." I say. My voice laced with disappointment.

Jeremy sits next to me. He sighs out loud. I turn to face him.

His face looks a bit sympathetic,  but also really warm. My heart that once felt tough loosens up.

"Hey. You good?" He asks me.

I nod. Gulping more of the water. He moves closer,  his arm pats my back gently.

"Are you sure?" He asks .

"Actually, no . I need a drink." I tell him .

He stands and heads into the vault. When he returns , he has two half full glasses of red wine.

He hands me one . I'm quick to gulp it down. He stares intently at me as the entire drink slides down my throat.

I drip the glass onto the floor gently and take his from his hands. And in the same fashion, it runs down my throat fast.

The buzz hits. And suddenly my body feels extremely heavy. My vision blurs. 

"Gemmy. Are you okay? You don't look so good." Jeremy says.

"I'm fiiiine." The word slurs.

The world beneath my ass is spinning. I stare up at the sky and I watch the rotating stars.  That go round and round and...

All the food I ate shoots up my throat. I vomit.

Jeremy holds my hair back,while he's saying something to me. But I'm not catching what he's saying.

"Let's get you home." He says, his voice echoes in my head.

He pushes me to his car and he starts driving.

"Please tell me if you aren't feeling okay." He says , the worry in his voice is clear.

As he's driving he keeps on turning to check if I'm okay. Meanwhile I flush the alcohol with the water he took for me.

What if Alyster has lost interest in me? I mean I really ,really like Al.

He makes me feel happy. From the way he looks at me, to the way he treats me, and the way he talks to me and about me. Down to the way he holds me.

Tears brim my eyes .

What if he found a girl there in Canada? I mean I know that I'm not his girlfriend but I thought we had something. I thought he felt the same way.

I've seen it in movies , that's what the men do when they're cheating -or in our case, seeing someone - they act the way he was acting on that call .

"Gemmy we're here." I hear Jeremy's voice. Although it seems like its distances away.

He opens my door and out reaches his hand . I take it and step out onto the lit up dorm driveway.

"Are you... crying?" He asks.

Instead if answering , smash my body against his. He holds me tight in his embrace. 

Tears fall harder in full force. His dress shirt dampens .

I only realise now how tall he is. My head rests mid chest on him.

"Dont cry. Just breath." He soothes . He caresses my hair. His heart beat calms mine down .

The warm breeze of summer dries the tears on my cheeks.

We sit on the stairs. My head on his shoulder and my hair in between his finger as he caresses it.

I'm about to fall asleep when I hear a familiar voice.

"What the fuck?" He asks.

I look up to see a baffled and angry Tyler. His eyes are glued to Jeremy .

"Hey Tyler. " I say. In a really calm and raspy voice.

"What is he doing here?" Tyler asks .

"And are you crying? Did he do it? Talk! Gemima talk!" He says. More like yells at us.

"Who is this guy?" Jeremt speaks for the first time. The way his voice stays even and low is extremely dangerous.

"This is Tyler, my friend." I tell him.

"Ty, I asked him to come with me to the wine tasting convention. " I tell him .

"It seems like he's got this under control. So I'll take my leave. Is that okay with you?" Jeremy asks me.

"Yes, she's going to be fine." Tyler says .

It's the first time I see Tyler like this . He looks so aggressive.

"Gemmy are you going to be okay if I leave?" He asks me again. Staring down at me. The genuine care in his eyes melts my heart .

"Yes . I'm going to be fine. Thank you for tonight Jer." I say to him. He winks at me.

He gets into his car and drives away. Not before he hoots his car.

"Okay, explain to me why the fuck you'd so something so stupid." Tyler asks through his teeth.

Author's note.

Hey guys, long time no see. How are you? Happy holidays to you🥺❤

How was this chapter? What do you think about Jeremy ? What about Tyler? Stop and drop your thoughts.😭❤

Vote, comment and recommend 💖🧚‍♀️

Nic275 🤡❤❤❤