Ch.18 - Visiting Chiron

Annabeth's POV:

Rachael arrived early the next morning ready to leave for camp. The Jackson family had just started moving so we were going to leave a little later.

I was currently putting Charlie in his high-chair while Rachael sat at the ktichen counter. Percy was upstairs getting dressed for work. Once I had Charlie seated I started making pancakes.

"So, what has been happening that I missed last night." Rachael said.

"Well, you know about Charlie, Meredith, Tristan, and RJ. You know Nico and Thalia have a thing for eachother, Ummmmmmmm. Oh you know Calypso is pregnant again. I don't know what else. I think the real question is what's been going on with you.", I said finishing my speech.

"Nothing much. Except Aaron but nothing else really." she said looking towards Charlie.

"You're not just going to Chrion about the engagement, are you. you have some questions." I said gesturing to Charlie.

"You caught me. I want to have kids but I'm not sure i can." she said.

"We'll just have to ask." I said. Percy walked into the kitchen wearing a suit. He kissed me and then gave Charlie a high-five.

"Hey Rachael." he said.

"Hey Percy". she replied.

"Here is your breakfast." I said handing Percy a plate of blue pancakes. Then I cut up pieces of another pancake and gave them to Charlie. Lastly, I made one for myself. I offered one to Rachel but she declined.

"I'm off to the lovely job off running a company." Percy said giving me one more kiss.

"Have fun." I said.

"I won't", he replied. Rachael and I laughed.

After breakfast we all went upstairs to Percy's and my room. I left Charlie with Rachael and walked into my closet. I wore jean shorts and my Camp Half-Blood shirt with my combat boots.

"Okay, let's get Charlie dressed then we'll leave.", I said as we walked to charlie's room. I put Charlie on the changing table and went to pick out his outfit. I grabbed a pair of cargo shorts and a short-sleeved onzie to go with it. Then I grabbed him a little blue hoodie. I wanted to leave him with Thalia but she said she was going job hunting.

I got him dressed and we walked to the car. Once we were on the road it was quiet for awhile.

"Do you think I will be banned from camp for this? Rachael asked, breaking the silence.

"I don't know Rachael, but I don't think that anything bad is gonna happen. Right Charlie?" I said.

"Mommy is always right." Charlie replied.

"Did you teach him that?" Rachael asked.

"Percy did" I said. Rachael just laughed. After a few more minutes we arrived at camp. As soon as I stepped out of the car and we walked down the hill we were immediatly surrounded by campers. They hadn't met Charlie yet and me and Percy were still, as they say 'legends', at camp.

I smiled and waved and Charlie grabbed my leg. Rachel hadn't been there in a while since she had left for art school so everyone was happy to see her too.

After we weaved through the crowd we made our way to the Big House. When I entered I broke into a grin.

"Chiron!" I yelled as I hugged him. He smiled at me then noticed Charlie.

"Hey there buddy. Are you gonna be my next great hero?" Chiron said.

"I'm gonna save the world like Mommy and Daddy." Charlie nodded. Chiron, Rachael, and I laughed. Ever since Charlie turned two, Percy and I had been telling Charlie about our lives and about the legends. He understood most of it.

"He will learn from the very best," Chiron said. He gestured to us to sit down.

"Okay, I know something is up. My oracle doesn't leave art school and come back to camp with one of my greatests heroes." Chiron said getting strait to the point.

"Alright, Chiron, before you say anything let me finish the whole story, please." Rachael said as we sat on the couch. Chiron nodded.

"Well, when I started school I met this guy, Aaron. I knew I shouldn't get to close to him but I did. We started dating and I didn't think it would get to serious, but then I fell in love. Then he proposed and I said yes. Look I know there is a rule about this but I'm asking you to please let me be with him." she begged. Chiron considered while I sat with Charlie on my lap and Charlie ate some goldfish.

"Okay here is my idea-"

"Hello everybody" Apollo interuppted flashing in. "I heard some stuff about my oracle, thought I should make and appearance, and Chiron I have an idea of my own."

Rachael looked nervous for the answer as did I. Chiron was silent.

"I will allow the oracle to marry considering this person is clearsighted. On one condition I want my oracle slightly seperate from Camp Half-Blood. I want you to live in the city." Apollo finished looking proud of himself.

"I like it." Chiron finally said. Rachael and I nodded.

"So I can stay with Aaron and be the oracle?" Rachael said.

"Yes" Apollo said. Rachael sighed, relaxing.

After our talk I visited my cabin, taking Charlie to meet my siblings. They all couldn't get enough of him. It was hilarious how he seemed to fit right in. I didn't realize how smart my son was until he got so interested in all the blueprints.

"Awwww my son takes after his mama!" I thought to myself.

I called Percy and told him Charlie and I were gonna eat dinner at Camp. Chiron let him sit at the Athena table even though he wasn't claimed.

"Why is my plate empty, Mommy?" He asked jabbing at nothing with his fork.

"Because you have to request your dinner," I explained. "watch this."

I turned to my plate and cup and said, "lasagna with diet coke."

My dinner appeared and Charlie's jaw dropped.

"Cookies! With chocolate milk!" He yelled excitedly.

I mentally face palmed. I didn't think this through, I thought as a plate of about 30 chocolate chip cookies appeared with a tall cup of more chocolate.

I quickly asked for another plate stealing his cookie one.

"That's for dessert, sweetheart," I explained gently. "order something for dinner and we can eat these with daddy."

"Mommmmyyyy!!!!" He groaned but stopped when he saw my face. "fine. I want........... a hotdog! With ketchup!" He clapped excitedly.

I showed him how to give some of his food to the gods. When we were up I said a silent prayer.

"Thank you, to all the gods. Thanks for Percy, and Charlie, and baby #2. I couldn't be happier right now." I scraped my food in and walked Charlie back.

Once we finished and he fell asleep, I carried him and the cookies back to our car after saying goodbye to everyone. Rachel came with us and I dropped her off at Aaron's apartment.

"Thanks Annabeth, for everything." she said waving.

"Bye Rach. I had a lot of fun, and I'm glad it all worked out." I gave her a hug and drove off. Who would ever think I would help Rachel Elizabeth Dare. I've really come a long way.

Hey guys! Thanks for all the reads and everything! Love you all!! Btw if there was any one who was confused about us saying that Piper was pregnant she's not actually her kids are Meredith and Tristan and she's not pregnant after them. Sorry we got confused 😂 I went back and changed it the only ones pregnant are Annabeth and Calypso....for now thanks guys sry if you were confused 😘