36

Sarah, Kie, and I sat on the couch on John B's front porch. 

The boys were inside clearly having a ball over the fact that Ward was going to be arrested. Sarah and I sat quietly on the couch, deep in our thoughts. "Ladies and gentlemen, Ward Cameron, king of the Kooks, is going to jail!" JJ exclaimed and Pope and John B laughed along with him. 

Sarah looked over at John B but I didn't even want to like through the window at the boys. We were upset and they were making things worse. Kie looked into the window at the boys' celebration and smiled. 

She looked over at me and Sarah, opening her mouth to speak. "Do you regret it?" She asked. Sarah shook her head. "No. He deserves all of it, and I know that." My best friend explained. "He's your dad. I get it." Kie said to her. 

Kie then looked over at me. I had a blank, emotionless expression on my face. "You okay?" Kie asked and I nodded. "Scar, he practically raised you. You're allowed to be upset." Sarah said to me as she squeezed my hand comfortingly. 

"I'd actually prefer it if you were. It means I don't have to go through this alone." She said with a light laugh. "I'll always be there for you, Sare-Bear," I said her nickname jokingly and she smiled in response. 

Kie looked at the two of us. "I'm sure it sucks to be in the middle," Kie said. As she spoke, Sarah's phone rang and she was getting a call from Topper. She got up to answer it. Kie and I sat down on the couch, watching her. 

She looked worried and distressed. The boys began their cheering again and caught Sarah's attention. She hung up the phone and grabbed her stuff. "They're arresting my dad. We gotta go, Scar." She said and I stood up, grabbing my things. 

"Guys, we gotta go. They're arresting Ward." Kie said to the boys. They stood up and got in John B's car. He made his way over to the Cameron residence and we saw several police cars as we approached the house. 

"Oh my god. Can you please hurry? I need to be there for Wheezie." Sarah said. "You think I wanna miss this?" John B retorted. I looked at him with disgust on my face and Sarah looked at him in shock. 

John B pulled up on the street and parked the car. We all scurried out of the van and looked over the wall at the house. We saw all the officers running down to the dock. "Screw it. I'm going over." John B said as he hopped the wall. 

"Right behind ya," JJ said as he prepared to hop over the wall. Sarah and I looked over at the two with disappointed eyes. We all made it over the wall and saw Wheezie and Rose looking down at the dock. Sarah and I made out way to Wheezie to hug her and calm her down. 

She was confused and was asking a million questions. "Go inside. Don't come out." Sarah said to her sister. Wheezie stood there for a moment and didn't move. "Wheeze. Go inside. Listen to your sister." I said. She nodded and went inside willingly. 

After she went inside, all of us ran down to the dock. "Dad!" Sarah shouted at him as she ran down. The officers tried to stop us from walking through but everyone used the excuse that they were here for me and Sarah which got them through. 

"That's Sarah Cameron. Let her through!" Shoupe shouted. "What're you doing here, Sarah?" Ward asked his daughter. "Ward. What are you doing?" I asked him. "Vic, you gotta get those two out of here! They can't be here right now!" Ward shouted at Shoupe. 

"Just come on in, and you... you... you can talk to them!" Shoupe said. Ward looked down at the two of us. "Girls, I'm so sorry. I can't!" He shouted as he started the boat. "Ward, what're you doing?" I shouted. 

"Dad, no, no, no!" Sarah shouted. The officers were shouting at him at trying to reason with him. "No, dad! Don't leave!" Sarah shouted. "Ward, where are you going?" I shouted. "Are you crazy? Ward, just come down here!" I shouted.