12

***SMUT WARNING***

We headed to The Wreck and sat at the furthest table. I was fucking fuming and still pissed at JJ. Sarah and Kie kept looking over at me, but they didn't ask me any questions because they knew that I was at my boiling point.

"Look, he'll come around, all right? It's... He's doing a JJ thing." John B said trying to comfort us all. Personally, at this point, I couldn't care less about what happened to JJ. "You think he'll go home?" Kie asked. 

Pope was looking outside the window at the water. "There's about a zero percent chance that JJ goes home," Pope said, not taking his eyes off of the water. John B looked over at Sarah and asked her if she was okay and she nodded, then asked him the same. 

"I mean, I'm in one piece, so..." He responded with a light laugh and Sarah smiled softly in response. Pope sighed and approached the table. "It's too dangerous to pawn this thing off piecemeal. So our best bet is to go down there and get the rest of it." Pope said and Sarah nodded.

"Bring it all up at once. Put it in-- in a safe or a vault or something. I-- I don't know. Just until we can find someone who won't rip us off. I can figure it out tonight, I can get it all done, and we can be out there as early as tomorrow morning." Pope said. 

John B nodded. "All right, let's do it." John B said. "What about that thing with my dad?" Sarah asked him. He looked down as he cursed at himself. "What thing?" Pope asked him. "I have to go fishing with Ward." John B admitted.

Kie looked at him in confusion. "You can't get 400 mill 'cause you're gonna go kill fish?" She asked him. "Look, I have to go." John B said with his head still down. "Blow it off. It's 400 million in gold!" Pope said.

"Make something up!" Kie suggested. John B looked up at both Pope and Kie. "Look, I have to okay? He... he saved me. All right? And if it weren't for Ward, I'd be in foster care. So... I have to go." He said to the two. Sarah was clearly happy that John B was adamant about his original plans with her father.

"Plus, it'll be better to do it at night." He said and everyone silently agreed. Pope finally let up and told John B it was fine and that he should go fishing with Ward. "And at least JJ will probably have washed up by then," Kie said. 

I rolled my eyes at the mention of his name and got up from my seat. I was making my way for the door when Kiara asked me where I was going. "Home," I said as I walked out the door. The rest of them followed behind me and John B offered to drive me home, so I accepted. 

∴∴∴∴∴

John B dropped me off after driving Pope and Kie home. "Thanks, John B." I said to him as I opened the back door. "Wait." He said and I sat back down. "Yeah?" I asked him. He looked over at Sarah who was shaking her head no at him, but he ignored her signals anyway.

"I'm sorry about what JJ said." He admitted. "It's whatever," I said as I was about to get up and leave. "No, seriously, Scar. It was fucked up, and I'm sorry." He said and I nodded my head as I pursed my lips.

He opened his mouth to speak again but hesitated. I saw Sarah giving him a look that quite clearly said shut the fuck up. But he spoke regardless of her efforts. "But that's not who he is." He said. I looked at him as if he were crazy, and I was starting to think he was.

"Excuse me?" I asked him. "Oh, God." Sarah breathed out as she put her head down. "We heard the same conversation, right? You were there, right?" I asked him with an attitude. "I know, Scar. But he's so stressed right now, you know he didn't mean any of that." He said to me.

I rolled my eyes. "I mean, maybe if you explained your family to him, he'd underst--" John B started but Sarah quickly cut him off. "She doesn't talk about her parents," Sarah said as she looked him dead in the eye. He took this signal seriously this time and shut up.